Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
Harvey's Point(Donegal Town)
US$280
Hotels.com
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$220
US$209
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$168
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
US$200
Hotels.com
US$94
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,521 results
All reviewscedars restaurantgallery barlough eskethermal suitestar hotelcourtyard roomunderfloor heatingsteam roombeautiful groundsmain buildingfive starfour poster bedpancakesbar foodomelettefirst classtreated like royalty
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Back for the 6thish time (forgot to count) and still love coming back to the place we got married. The setting is absolutely beautiful and never get tired of looking at the castle and surroundings. Very sophisticated hotel steeped with history with spacious rooms, great bathroom (I want one like that at home) and excellent staff and service. Lovely to see the personalised welcome back card and even a cake for us staying here again. Can't wait for the sumptuous breakfast and a walk around the lake. If you come to Donegal forget all other places and stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander B
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the castle and that you were so impressed with everything during your stay.

Your kind comments and recommendation are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I do hope that you will return for another visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel while attending a wedding at the castle. The room was huge and very comfortable. The grounds and setting were really beautiful. The breakfast was gorgeous with delicious pastries and a huge variety on offer. I do feel that it would have been nice to have a hot breakfast cooked to order rather than eat from the buffet although this is only a minor point as the hot food from the buffet selection was high quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sfl123

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to welcome you to Solís Lough Eske Castle and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with our hotel and facilities, that you enjoyed the wedding and had such a pleasant stay. Please be assured that I have noted your comments regarding the availability of an Á la Carte breakfast for consideration.

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I do hope that you will return for another visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived until we drove away waving at the door man we felt completely at home. This is a beautiful restored castle based in a beautiful location we're it's just a short walk to the lake or to the neighbouring Harvey's point. I could not believe two exceptionally high class hotels could just be within walking distance and makes for a great break. The rooms were very spacious and exceptionally clean with every amenity you could need. We had a cocktail in the bar where the bar man made me something that was not on the list and he was super concerned that it was right. We had a beautiful relaxed meal that was delicious in the formal restaurant were the staff could not do enough to make you welcome and exceed your expectations. My husband even joked that if breakfast was as good he might just stay and wait for it!!! The staff were super friendly and always greeted you by name which made you feel like a regular. The ladies on reception were very informative and welcoming. This hotel make you feel that you are their only guest and very important to them. Good job guys can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CocoNorthernIreland

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Solís Lough Eske Castle for your recent break and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel, facilities and the level of personal service you received and that you felt so at home.

Your kind comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I am delighted to hear that you intend to return for another visit in future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having visited the Lough Eske hotel for a night in October last year and having been very impressed with it, we found our return for two nights in June a bit disappointing overall.
On this occasion we decided to splash out on one of the garden suites and bring our pet dog along. We brought our own bed and bowls etc for the dog despite requesting the 'pet pooch' service when booking but it was as well we did as there was nothing in the room for him.
The room itself was disappointing for the price paid, we found that the standard room we had in October was not much smaller, just as well equipped and much less costly. We also noticed that several of the garden suites appeared to be significantly larger than our own which is quite annoying knowing the same price was paid.
The room itself has several glass doors to the front all of which were filthy which is the first thing we noticed when approaching the room.
The shower was next to unusable due to the temperature being unbearably hot on the coldest setting.
We had our meals included on both nights as part of the package at the hotels main restaurant and although the food was perfectly good it wasn't fantastic as it had been during our previous stay. This may have been as it was from the table d'hote menu on this occasion which I have to say I found quite limited.
The staff however were as good as we had experienced previously, we found them all to be genuinely friendly and helpful, fulfilling any requests we had of which there were a few as we were traveling with a nine month old. I think they're are the best thing going for this hotel at present.
All in all based on this experience I probably wouldn't return to the Lough Eske and certainly not to one of their garden suites. I don't mind paying that bit extra for something really special but this just wasn't.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PabMac
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to welcome you back to Solis Lough Eske Castle for your second visit and thank you sincerely for your valuable feedback.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your Garden Suite and that you encountered a number of issues during your stay - please accept my sincerest apologies and be assured that these do not reflect our usual high standards. I will discuss these short-comings with our General Manager in order to help prevent these issues from re-occurring in future.

I do hope that you will re-consider a return visit and give us the opportunity to give you the wow factor that you experienced on your first visit last October.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited the Lough Eske Castle during our Brendan tour of Ireland. It was the best night of our week in Ireland! This is a very nice hotel. The buildings are really well maintained and our room was great! The food was good, especially the morning buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe M

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Solís Lough Eske Castle as part of your Brendan Vacations tour and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel, facilities and the level of personal service you received - your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team - including your valuable feedback regarding your room, the hotel and the food - especially breakfast!

I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and I do hope that you will return for another visit if and when you return to Ireland.