My wife and I stayed here twice in the last 12 months. This is a great hotel for a quiet break where you can kick back, relax and get away from it all.
The stand out feature of this hotel is the staff. They are friendly and efficient and genuinely seem to want their guests to have as good a stay as possible.
The rooms that we stayed in were both very luxurious and the room on the corner upstairs (cant remember the number) was particularly special. It was spacious with high ceilings and had a large 4 post bed with elegant antique furniture and a huge bathroom.
The downstairs bar is a great place to spend a quiet afternoon or evening. There is an excellent selection of beers, wines and whiskeys available to cater for all tastes.
The breakfast served in the restaurant is one of the best you will find anywhere. Full irish, eggs benedict, kippers, fresh fruit, omelette anything you can think of is available and extremely tasty.
The Spa experience (according to my wife) was excellent with great facilitues and well trained staff.
The only part of the hotel where I feel there is room for improvement is the restaurant in the evening. The food is good but could be better and falls behind the very high standards set in other areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel