Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$226
US$218
Donegal Manor(Donegal Town)
US$142
US$122
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$147
US$163
Hotels.com
US$98
Harvey's Point(Donegal Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,505 results
All reviewscedars restaurantgallery barlough eskethermal suitestar hotelcourtyard roomunderfloor heatingsteam roombeautiful groundsmain buildingfive starfour poster bedpancakesbar foodomelettefirst classtreated like royalty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Bathroom floor smelt of urine even after washing. Carpet so dirty always had to wear slippers. Stains on settee covered by cushions. Everywhere grubby including lounge and restaurant. Needs refurbished and painted badly. All this let excellent staff down. How it ever got five stars maybe the silver water jug is beyond me.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anne B
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa.

I'm genuinely disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered - please accept my sincerest apologies and be assured that this does not reflect our usual very high standards. Our rooms are generally maintained to a very high standard and I'm horrified to learn of your experience. We are taking your feedback very seriously in order to help improve standards for our guests in future and to ensure that all issues are rectified immediately.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you the true five star experience for which we are so well known.

Mark

I do hope you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future and we look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have just stayed at the beautiful Lough Eske castle for 3 nights as part of my brothers wedding party. This hotel is just simply amazing. The staff were perfect and always on hand to help. The rooms are simply beautiful and the spa was perfect to relax after a busy few days.

The wedding reception itself was just amazing the food was beautiful and the staff really took care of each and every guest. Breakfast had a lot to offer and you would definitely not go hungry.

The reception team and bellmen where always on hand if you needed anything and helped with any questions or concerns

I would most definitely come back and stay here again and have a relaxing weekend. Just simply beautiful

5 star reviews from myself as I work in customer service and the high end hospitality industry so I am always looking to fault something, on this occasion I could not, well done ;)

• Stayed: August 2014
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to welcome you to Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel, facilities and the level of personal service you received and that you also enjoyed the wedding celebration. Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I do hope that you will return for another visit in the not too distant future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the castle again for your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was such a lovely treat after many days on the road. The castle and the grounds are beautiful. The spa is a treat and don't miss the thermal pool open to all guests. Good was very good and the service top. Three lovely seating areas to read and relax, but a bit loud. And the library lacks the charm of the rest of the place which is too bad. But definitely worth the trip. The walk along the lake is exceptional with built in rainbows. Highly recommend. Could use a tad more warming up with fires in the fireplaces and a few more nooks. Definitely needs seats out in the garden, but service was fantastic! Great waiter there, Nigel, who had wine waiting in the lounge for us post massages in the afternoon. REally nice touch!

Room Tip: Watch the back where the exhaust is, ask for something up front or on the garden, you'll be happier. But we were late to book, so no complaints.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret W
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and for taking time to share your experience.

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team (especially by Nigel!) and it's great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, grounds and facilities so much.

I do hope you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future and we look forward to welcoming you back to the castle.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Magical place with really helpful and friendly staff. Food was beautiful in both the bar and restaurant. The rooms are huge and very clean. Spa facilities were also fantastic. Another fabulous experience at the Castle.

Room Tip: All are fab
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to welcome you back to Solis Lough Eske Castle for your recent break and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel, facilities and the level of personal service you received and that you had such an enjoyable stay. Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I do hope that you will return for another visit in the not too distant future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the castle again for your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel castle is set in stunning area near the lake and is surrounded by woods.It is a really magical setting for a hotel.
Food was beautiful and so fresh, both in the bar and in the restaurant. Staff are very friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.
We stayed in a courtyard room as we had our 3 month old dog with us.The hotel really made us feel welcome with our puppy and we didn't feel awkward at any stage with her there. It was a very spacious,clean and comfortable room-serviced very well each day.
The spa was a little disappointing. Relaxation area was chilly and used towels were left about the pool area.Atmosphere really not what I would expect at a 5 star rated spa hotel.
However it could just have been the time of day (7pm) and this did not over shadow the rest of our stay.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would we go back? Absolutely.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel, our pet friendly facilities and with the service you received and that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Your kind comments are genuinely appreciated and please be assured that I have taken your feedback regarding the spa seriously and that we will use this to help improve our spa services in future.

Many thanks also for your kind recommendation and I am thrilled to hear that you would like to return for another stay - we look forward to welcoming all of you back to the castle in the very near future.