We have just held our wedding reception at Solis Lough Eske and cannot possibly give this hotel a better review. Absolutely everything exceeded expectation... and expectations were high to begin with.
We booked this wedding venue without actually visiting the castle (I am from Donegal but live in London). The wedding team are out of this world - Noreen and Catherine are 2 of the loveliest and most helpful individuals we have ever met and with their abundant help our wedding went off without a single hitch.
Words really can't express how perfect a dream wedding we had.... the rooms are amazing, the staff are wonderful, the ballroom actually had me in tears it was set up so beautifully, the food was sumptuous, the grounds are spectacular, the spa and spa staff were second to none.... we really had the most amazing wedding experience.
Reading through our guest book comments it seems like we were not alone in thinking the venue was perfect in every way... our guests cannot express enough how impressed they were with everything from the second they stepped through the front doors... if there's one thing that the Solis Lough Eske team do well it's attention to detail.... every element of the day was planned to perfection.
The 'standard' rooms are enormous, impressive and extremely comfortable. With just 2 adjoining rooms there was ample room for myself, the bridesmaids, 3 make-up girls, 1 hairdresser, 2 video guys, 1 photographer, my Mum and my cousin to do what we needed to do without feeling in any way cramped... now that's spacious!
The honeymoon (presidential) suite is breathtaking... the beautiful 4 poster bed and roll top bath being the real stand out features for my husband and I.
The staff have made us feel incredibly welcome and we will definitely be making some return visits, as wil a lot of our guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel