Myself and my boyfriend spent a wonderful weekend at Solis Lough Eske Castle. After a long drive we were welcomed and checked in efficiently and guided to our room. En-route the receptionist informed us that there was a wedding in the hotel that evening and another the next day and that our room was in a quiet area away from the wedding celebration. This suggests that complaints listed by previous reviewers who were allocated rooms near the wedding reception and found them noisy have been addressed by management. To be honest apart from the packed car park we hardly noticed the wedding and were not inconvenienced in any way.
The food in the restaurant was mount-wateringly delicous and the service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed a treatment in the spa - a real treat.
The castle itself is magnificent. Our room (deluxe) was cosy and beautifully decorated and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. We hoped for a relaxing weekend and that is exactly what we had. We were rested and happy at the end. If I was to find a small fault, and I would have to try hard, I would mention that the drinks at the bar were a bit expensive. However I am being very fussy now. The luxury and beautiful surroundings more than made up for this. If you are thinking of staying here, just go, its quite simply fantastic. I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel