Ok lets start from the beginning.On arrival the driveway at the hotel need attention a large number of potholes on a 5star driveway do not give a good impression.The entrance driveway should be repaired immediately.
The good thing is that at the end of the driveway is a beautiful building with very welcoming staff.
The simple things are done well,no great drama like some hotels when you book in,quick efficient and friendly.The room we had was a Junior suite,very spacious and well presented.Everything was of the highest standard.I always review the hotels I stay at with a very critical eye as I find Irish people as a whole do not complain and will just but up with problems to keep the peace.I can for the first time ever say the room was perfect.
A light bite in the Hotel bar for lunch was also well prepared reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel and the white wine chilled.
The spa was one of the main reasons to try this hotel as we were looking for a relaxing break,my wife had the reflexology and I had the full body massage.Both were preformed very professionally and the time in the relaxation suite before and after the treatment was exactly that.
We had one evening meal in the main restaurant and the setting service and food were all of the very highest standard.Also the staff were there when needed and not too overbearing like some hotels were they seem to be sitting on your shoulder.
During our stay we had a few minor problems but they were dealt with so quickly I do not feel they are worth a mention.
One thing which always amazes me at hotels is their inability to get you bill correct upon departure,not the case this time a first I think the bill was ready well itemised and clear......well done.
One place of mention that we tried in Donegal was the Olde Castle Bar in Donegal for an evening meal and I can recommend the seafood platter.
As most people travelling all you want is a simple relaxed time at a hotel not stress,this hotel is the first in a long time that has provided that and I would recommend it to any travellers from any where in the world.
The Irishman Traveller
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel