“Loved the historical/archeological focus of tour to Newgrange”
Review of Mary Gibbons Tours

Mary Gibbons Tours
Ranked #17 of 247 Tours in County Dublin
Ottawa, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved the historical/archeological focus of tour to Newgrange”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Delighted with my tour of Newgrange and the Hills of Tara. Michael Gibbons was our tour guide, and having an archeologist lead the tour was just a fantastic way to see the sites. I studied history at university, but had very little knowledge of ancient Irish history. The discussions were robust and factual, without being an overwhelming amount of information. I really appreciated how the tour focused on the real history and on the debates about how the sites were used, instead of trying to sensationalize the sites.

Great day trip outside of Dublin.

Guelph, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you only take one day tour in Ireland ;take this one”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Read how others have praised Mary's tour .I agree with all of them .It is difficult imagine
anyone providing you with a more informative and , entertaining 6 hours in such comfotable
cirsumstances.But only when you stand in the center of Newgrange ; a 8,000 year old structure and ,the guide allows the cavern your huddled in to go dark ; thats when you'll be grateful that you did not miss the experience , whether you will describe it as spiritual or or not .When you reach the Newgrange infomation centre , you understand the importance of the fact that ,Mary has pre-arranged tickets.As , the folks that manage the site give a 15 minute window to ticket holgers to make the shuttle bus .If you miss that assigned time ; you will not be allowed on the next shuttle .Mary smooths the way and, in fact stands by the very door you need to take out of the center to catch your shuttle . All this plus a outstanding
comentary on Dublin as the bus both leaves and returns to the City.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awe inspiring!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Mary Gibbons is a fantastic tour guide. She is so knowledgeable and presents ancient history in a manner that makes the place and the people come alive!

Southern California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Extraordinary Tour & Guide, Not to Miss!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I booked a tour to Newgrange & Hill of Tara with Mary Gibbons a few months before my husband and I had left for Ireland. I had read so many great things about her tours, I wanted to make sure we were able to go.
We were not disappointed with our day! Mary's brother, Michael Gibbons, whom is quite famous in the archaeology world led our tour. We had a stop at Dowth first, which was amazing to listen to the history and see before our stop to Newgrange. We then visited the Hill of Tara, which is a wonderful added bonus! The price of the tour is well worth it, for all of the knowledge that the Gibbons share with you, and an added bonus is it includes admission into Newgrange, with guaranteed access.
Do not hesitate to book with Mary Gibbons!

Benton, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best part of our whole trip!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Mary is the best! She makes you feel right at home, very accommodating, and knowledgeable. I cannot wait to go back and finish the tour. My wife ran out of insulin in her pump. Being from rural Arkansas we were lost as a goose. Mary took care of us like we were her children, calling a cab to come get so we could get back to the hotel where the insulin was. Thank you Mary, we'll be back with plenty of insulin next time!

Visited August 2013