“Excellent food and service.”

Sanai Indian Restaurant
Ranked #344 of 2,864 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$18 - US$47
Description: Sanai Indian Restaurant in Dublin. One of the best Indian Restaurant with 60+ seating capacity. Serves Lunch and Dinner on weekdays and only Dinner on weekends.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Pleasant surroundings. Wide menu including good veggie options, great tasting food made with a light touch - not saturated in oil. Would visit again without question.

1  Thank Kenny F
Diderul A, Owner at Sanai Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hi Kenny F,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Sanai!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Great experience with nice people and fantastic food :-) very nice atmosphere and nice recommendations from the staff

1  Thank Ingar S
Diderul A, Owner at Sanai Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hi Ingar S,

Thanks for sharing this short but sweet review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience at Sanai!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The best Indian food I have ever had around the globe! Lovely atmosphere and great staff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... A PLUS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

4  Thank Travelnistia
Diderul A, Owner at Sanai Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hi Travelnistia,

Thank you for leaving this short but incredibly review! We are over the moon to hear how much a seasoned traveller such as yourself enjoyed your visit :)

We hope that you will visit us again upon your next trip to Dublin!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Me and hubby were visiting Dublin for the weekend and this restaurant happened to be close to the hotel. I think staff was very friendly, welcoming and smiling. We had the Dinner Menus 19,95€ wich I consider a low/medium price. The food was great!!! Possibly the best Indian I have ever tasted. Surroundings and decor were not very indian but still ok ...maybe I would take some if those mirros off :). Also the light that was changing colour was a bit strange. But again...the food and service were excellent! Best, Sirke from Finland

3  Thank Sippo82

Hi Sippo82,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! :)

We are so happy to have been part of your visit to Dublin and even more so that you and your hubby enjoyed your meals :)

We have passed your lovely compliments on to our staff who are over the moon! We have also taken your interior decor into account which we will remember should we decide to redecorate :)

We hope that you enjoyed your travels and will visit us again should you return to Dublin!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I have never ever been to any restaurant where a member of staff (owner’s son?) was so rude. I asked for a dish that is common in UK establishments - namely karai chicken on a hot dish (excuse me if I spelt it wrong), and he arrogantly replied that I would be hard pushed to find that dish in a curry house in Dublin, so I opted for something on the set menu. I then tried to order spicy poppadoms, but that wasn’t available either! His explanation was that spicy poppadoms are really expensive to stock. I’ve never been to an Indian where spicy poppadoms weren’t served. My chicken tikka starter was pale white (not red as in the U.K.), and the main wasn’t that great either (small portions). I didn’t moan, but I passed on the coffee that was included in the set menu. I asked for the bill, and the rude owner’s son asked me to go up to the desk to pay, and I said ‘isn’t it normal to bring the bill to me?’. He just replied ‘go to desk’ . What a rude person, even though I was polite to him and spent nearly 30 euros

2  Thank hon268

Hi hon268,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We are renowned for our customer service as well as our authentic dishes (as you can see from previous reviews). So we are sincerely sorry to know that was not your experience on this occasion.

We're sorry that we do not carry the dishes that are more prevalent in England, however, our menu has been carefully selected and crafted and is received very well by our customers.

We hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Dublin.