“You couldn't ask for a better deal.”

Fitzwilliam Townhouse
Ranked #37 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
“You couldn't ask for a better deal.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Outstanding service from each and every member of the staff. Rooms are good-sized and immaculate. Well worth the extra couple of blocks walk to the city center. I look forward to returning to the Fitzwilliam Townhouse on my next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Louis
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Clean room, friendly staff and about 5 euros to Temple Bar district. We weren't in the room much, as we were always leaving early and arriving late after taking Paddywagon tours around the country. Quiet neighborhood. Good value!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Hull, UK
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The hotel is in a really good location, about 5-10 minutes walk from the city centre and shops. i arrived very early on a Sunday morning and although I wasn't able to check in yet, the reception staff took my bag, gave me a map and lots of directions and advice as to which coffee shops would be open, where the best places to shop were, things to go and see etc. I felt very well looked after. They even offered to call me when the first room was free so I could go back and do some work that I had hoped to do. The room itself was large (I booked a single room but had a triple) and very clean with a large TV. All the rooms have free wi-fi which worked no problem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2012

First, let me say that the location was really good for us, and the staff were very, very nice. That said, we had problems with several things. Both beds were uneven, and slanted to the right, and the first night, the radiator virtually boiled us alive. That was fixed quickly the next morning. We were chagrined to find how noisy the first floor front-facing room was...we were awakened often by people chatting at the front desk early in the morning, and on our fourth night, someone was having a party just outside our door. On our third night, around midnight, an alarm sounded from the restaurant directly beneath us. And sounded. And sounded. We followed printed instructions to reach the night porter, but he never would pick up. The noise finally stopped at 12:40, but by that point we were exhausted, worried and put out. That said, if I stayed again, it would be because of the staff members who were on duty until 10 p.m.

Room Tip: If you stay here, do not stay in the room opposite the front desk. You will hear every conversation...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CindiMc
Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I liked this hotel. We are college students so we were on a budget and this worked just fine for us. The location was very convenient so that we could easily walk into town. We were there over the weekend, and there was FREE parking close to the hotel which was a great surprise! The breakfast is an extra cost so we didn't try it although it was discounted for hotel residents. Overall, the hotel was great for the price. Would definitely stay here again.
It was hard getting the wifi code since we got there late at night. Besides that, I can't think of any other complaints :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2012

To put it at best I would compare the Fitzwilliam to a motel in the U.S. with a nicer reception staff. I am actually currently in one of the larger rooms and while it is pretty standard cannot get over a few things: the size of the shower, the mold in the bathroom ceiling, and the smell. Now I am not typically a picky girl and when I first saw the reviews of this place thought that it would suit me quite well. Just on my walk up to my room I found part of the wall rotting through. The shower in my large room can barely fit me and I'm only 5'2"! The curtain in the shower had mildew at the bottom, there was mold on the ceiling and the entire experience was just a bit off-putting. The smell of old, wet dewiness in the room just lingered and I still can't get over it as I type. Truthfully I can't wait to check out but if you are tight on budget (though I'm paying 95 euro a night which I don't think of as that cheap) it might be the place for you. Maybe i just happened to get the dud of the rooms but I couldn't really recommend it to anyone at this point!

Room Tip: Don't get room 32.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank gucc1216
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I stayed on the top floor of the Townhouse back in April for 3 days. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Several times a day I would ask Vimen, the gentleman in reception, for tips on tours, restaurants, and local favorites. He was always "spot on." After touring pretty much all of Dublin on foot, I was convinced that The Fitzwilliam Townhouse was in the very best location - close to everything, but in a more quiet location for a good night's sleep. We'll definately come back again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family