Ivy Exchange Apartments
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$208
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$187
US$516
US$490
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. George(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$159
Doubletree
US$1,016
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
The Gibson Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$244
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

When booking a last minute business trip I just assumed that there would be some hotel accommodation available in Dublin, but ‘no’, all the usual places I would have stayed reported that they were fully booked (it turns out that Roger Waters was playing at the Aviva Stadium).

Stretching the search further I came across the Ivy Exchange Apartments (I have no idea why the picture of some hotel with a green tractor and red wheels comes from - I saw NOTHING of that – is it an error?)

Straight to the point: it’s on the outskirts of the main part of Dublin but an interesting walk into the centre. It’s fine during the day, but those who are not used to city living may perceive the area to be a little unsafe at night. To get to the apartment we had (no. 42), there are about six or seven locked doors to go through, down various corridors. Some corridors smell of smoke, some of cooking. Outside no. 42, it’s curry.

In the apartment it’s ‘okay’, but just isn’t up to what the description and photographs promise. The lighting is dull. The place looks tired. It needs a revamp. It needs decorating if it is ever to reach a decent standard.

If the apartment's listing had been more honest I would have rated it Average, but it isn't so this gets a 'Poor' rating from me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crustyfur
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Coming from a fast paced week in London, to a short two day stopover, my friends and I arrived in Dublin exhausted and in need of a good bed, relaxation and a nice break before returning home to the states. We got out of the taxi with all of our suitcases and had some trouble finding the offices, but we called up and they told us where to go. Tavi, who worked there took us to our apartment- it was in a beautiful location. The apartment was on a main street, and two minutes away from the center of town. The rooms were beautiful, enough beds, clean, polished and very nice for the price we payed. We were pleasantly surprised because we didn't know wheat wed be getting ourselves into, but it was a beautiful experience. I would highly recommend Ivy Exchange Apartments to anyone who visits Dublin.

Room Tip: All the apartments are great I'm sure, but make sure to be specific about how many beds you wants when you order, so you get the right amount.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

One of these Ivy Exchange apartments was advertised on airbnb by Anastasia Doran and the accommodations were appalling. Like any apartment I suppose it comes down to how many people are crammed into it and this place was packed ie. 2 rooms housing 4, me in the shoe box and Ana and her bo in the lounge room/kitchen/bedroom. The room I stayed in literally made a linen cupboard look big. There were used tampons in full view in the bathroom and the bathroom was generally filthy ie. I had to walk on a towel. The mattress I slept on had a plastic covering that made a crunching noise anytime I moved. The rest of the place stank of ars*#. Unfortunately you can't check these places before you sign up for them but take it from me, don't touch Ana's place with a 40 foot badge pole...unless you've been vaccinated for every imaginable disease.

Room Tip: I would suggest speaking to the owner on the phone before you take an apartment and ask a few questions.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ShoelessJoe73
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The main difficulty on arrival is finding a parking space to unload outside the apartments. We'd already reserved a space in the underground car park at 10 euros a day which was right under the apartments and accessed with the apartment keys. The apartment itself was very spacious and light with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. In our opinion, it was pretty up-market, since we usually do everything on a shoe string. As far as we were concerned, this was worth splashing out on! Towels and bedding provided and apartment was very clean. Good but simple kitchen facilities (a bit short on crockery and glasses, which could cause problems...). Fantastic location! Easy access to shops/takeaways/pubs (Tesco, book shop, Penneys...etc). O'Connell Street a stone's throw away. Woken with a start on the last day by the fire alarm in corridoor outside our apartment. Surprised to find the emergency exit locked but fortunately it was a false alarm! We've read some of the other reviews and some people seem to have had some disappointing experiences but we really liked the apartment we had and we'd recommend it (apartment 43).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank darryl_moran
Reviewed 18 June 2012

we booked two nights in Ivy apartments for Two mums and two teenagers looking for a shopping break. Just the day before going to Dublin I decided to look up tripaadvisor to see what others had to say. I was horrified to read that others had terrible experience and even thought of cancelling the trip! We decided to go ahead anyway to see why it was like.
We were pleasantly surprised, we were shown to secure underground parking before being taken to our apartment (which we inspected thoroughly), looking at mattresses, toilets and kitchen.
The beds had fresh mattress protectors, were comfortable and clean, bathroom clean, and kitchen had fridge, freezer, microwave, oven, hob, dishwasher ect.
Only one little complaint was that bathroom didn't seem to have a working extractor fan, but we opened windows.
Our apartment is owned by kingfisher restuarant and guest house, which is located just below the apartments, and we had no problems, hope this review helps !

Room Tip: Ask for kingfisher apartments, clean And value for money
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends