“Drop by for an after work drink ”
Review of Lemuel's

Lemuel's
Ranked #21 of 61 Bars & Pubs in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$63
Description: Inspired by one of Ireland's greatest writers, Jonathan Swift and the tale of Gulliver's Travels, this exceptional new Dublin city centre venue promises a delightfully bookish attention to detail. Experience a magical afternoon tea carefully created by our talented pastry team or discover our range of cocktails from our skilled mixologist in the all new Lemuel's lounge bar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I didn’t stay in the hotel but called in after work for drinks with friends. There’s been a change since I last visited and the new bar area is very glamorous and inviting. Loved it,

A new post work destination !

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Located in the Conrad this lovely restaurant offered good food in a very pristine environment but maybe lacking atmosphere.
Nothing to complain about but nothing to write home about either. Take it or leave it but don’t go out of your way to go there

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

The bar was well located close to the reception. Service was a little slow as the bar was busy with a large group. A good selection of wines, spirits and cocktails was available. When the group left service picked up which was good to see. My only issue was that the music was a little loud which made a business conversation a challenge.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Some friends and I had afternoon tea in Lemuel’s at The Conrad Hotel in Dublin last week. Overall it was very good but just missed the mark for “excellent “ in my book. The service was good, friendly, and efficient. However the sandwiches, although tasty and with imaginative fillings were only canapé size. The scones were also tiny, and I had to ask for more cream and jam as there was just 1 tiny dish of each for 3 of us with 2 scones each. I would have preferred slightly bigger scones and no other “plain cake” rather than the short bread and banana loaf provided. The fancies wee all delicious but a pannecotta served in a shot glass has no place on an afternoon tea stand to my way of thinking. That aside the lack of drapes and hard flooring made for a poor acoustic atmosphere in the lounge and it lacked something as a result. However the commissionaire was very obliging at procuring a taxi back to our hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Dublin as a group to celebrate a birthday. I had booked afternoon tea for 15 at this hotel. The hotel itself is very impressive, and on arriving we got a lovely welcome by the reception staff.
The afternoon tea was not the experience we were expecting. The waitress was not accommodating to any requests made by us. We were told “no” to any changes or extras on the menu and that we couldn’t have our wine until we had our tea finished?!
Each course was served at different times which was ok, but an hour wait between each made the whole event very long winded and boring. The waitress was simply unable to cater for the size of the group.
When we stated we had flights to catch that evening and some of our guests having to leave without receiving what we had booked only then, with some help from other waiters the tea was finally served and the whole experience was saved.
The sandwiches and cakes were beautifully presented and tasted great! But I can’t help but be disappointed by the event. It cost us a lot of money to go here and I feel like it was a waste and we would have been better off having a lunch elsewhere?!

1  Thank justniamh
ConradDublin, Guest Relations Manager at Lemuel's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Justniamh,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you've spared to share your Conrad Dublin experience with us and of course the TripAdvisor community, feedback whether positive or constructive is key to us as a hospitality business as it allows us to move forward and develop to further satisfy our guests needs.

Form the bottom of our hearts, we sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations or as it would appear our standards. Afternoon tea should a leisurely affair with the purpose of enjoyment and relaxation at its core, it would appear that miscommunication played a heavy role in your parties experience something which we again sincerely apologize for. I would love to find out more details and perhaps touch base with you so please (if you wish) contact liam.ohannrachain@conradhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you Justniamh.

Warm regards,