“I am baffled as to how this place has any good reviews.”
Review of O'Sheas

O'Sheas
Ranked #145 of 2,573 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Shelby, Iowa
“I am baffled as to how this place has any good reviews.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Without a doubt the worst restaurant experience I've ever had. Sat down, and after not getting a waitress for 15 min, finally went up to the bar myself to order our drinks and food from the bartender. Got our food 15 or 20 min later, which was for the most part nearly inedible. Two of us had burgers, which were like shoe leather. One had fish & chips, and stopped eating the fish after one bite because it was nearly raw and he didn't feel like dying that night. One of us had the steak & Guinness pie, which was the least inedible, but it was fairly obvious the contents had likely come from a can. And one of us had lamb stew, which was likewise terrible. All this while having to ask for silverware AFTER getting our food and then having a pile of utensils just flung onto our table to pick through as if it were unreasonable to want tools to eat with (but, in their defense, the dining ware did turn out to be quite unnecessary), ordering another round of pints that were never received, and never, not once, seeing a smile on any of the staff's faces (again, in their defense, we didn't see them all that often). The entire time we just felt as if our mere presence was a severe annoyance and burden to them. After waiting another 20 min after getting our "food" and hardly touching our plates and sitting there with empty glasses, no one bothering to even check on us or bring the check, we left as much money as we thought it was worth (not much) on the table and left. The only reason I give this place one star is because tripadvisor won't let me give it zero.

4 Thank Hoss4cy

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Guiness stop”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staff very friendly and bought drinks over. Was quiet but it was 3pm in day on a weds. Clean and well lit all over a jolly nice place for a beverage.

Visited July 2014
UK
“Great Irish grub!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Came here tonight for dinner after circling around hoping to end up eating close to our hotel. We saw O'Sheas at Temple Bar last night but dined somewhere else hence wouldn't miss not coming here. We were greeted by a young waitress, nervous as she is new..bless her. We had to wait a wee bit for our drinks - Harp and Guinness beers but they were served with a smile. Food wise, no complaints - my husband ordered for the signature special lamb stew but was out of stock. Nevertheless, he enjoyed his alternative Guinness steak ale pie and mine was fish and chips. We shared the food among us as both came in massive portions with salad and veggies on the side. The manager and 2 waitresses came to ask us how our food were which was nice. Overall, good value..affordable food with trademark friendly Irish hospitality, would definitely recommend.

“Terrible”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Came here on the advice of the front desk guy at our hotel. On first arriving the atmosphere was nice. Clean place, somewhat busy. After sitting at the table for a good ten minutes one employee finally came over and asked what we needed. We got a couple menus and ordered a couple of pints. After another ten minutes she still wasn't back. Since Guinness does take time to pour properly, we waited another twenty before one of the others in my group went up to the bar. He explained to the bartender who then came out from behind to take our order and bring us beer. The food brought to us can only be described as awful. My dad and grandma both ordered a burger, what was brought looked like it was something other than beef and was horrendously overdone. My moms steak and Guinness pie was the most edible of All our food but it tasted like something out of a Campbell's soup can. Hardly any steak to it and the pastry part was raw. My uncles fish and chips also came out raw and my aunt described her potato as having tasted like they'd tossed it in the microwave for 40 seconds. My food was not brought out at the same time. And we were not brought silverware. Oncd again had to chase after our waitress to get her to come to our table and when she did bring silverware she quite literally threw it at my grandma. Also asked again for a couple more pints that we never received. After watching everyone else eat for a good 10 minutes, if Finally got my lamb stew and the aroma that greated me upon receiving it was foul. Smelled like straight vinegar and didn't taste much better. Upon finishing our "meal" we waited twenty minutes and never got our check. Chased after waitress again and asked for it, waited another 20 and still didn't receive it. Left 35 euro on the table for the food and left. Ended up eating Burger King ten minutes later. Awful food, awful service. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

3 Thank Nebraskiowan
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great bar - cna get restaurant service in the bar”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Guiness pot pie is unique and very flavorful, good soups, watched FIFA 2014 -- lively group. Had live music 7 nights per week - good variety. basic full Irish breakfast is available all day.

Visited June 2014