“Fab Barand restaurant”

Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #290 of 2,661 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This restaurant/bar is in the basement of the Merrion Hotel, and is mostly all brick and stone, even the curved ceilings. The bar staff were excellent, and offered our party (of 13) a separate room but we stayed in the main bar area (with fireplace). We then moved to a separate private dining room and had a wonderful dinner, salmon, seafood tower (wow) mussels, yum!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It was my last night in Dublin and I was travel weary and not looking forward to my early flight back to the States in the morning. The concierge at The Merrion recommended this restaurant as good option and it conveniently adjoined the hotel. The meal and the service were superb. Excellent wines by the glass and dessert should not be missed. All in all is was the perfect way to wrap up my trip to Ireland.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

A group of 7 of us ate here recently and the service was impeccable, if a little stiff. We had one issue with a dish and eventually it was taken off the bill so I can't fault the service. The portions of gnocchi were grotesque in size however and the two people that ordered that dish in our group were put off by the look of it.... Desserts are the star of the show in this restaurant and beautifully executed.
All in all the food and service is relatively good but on a busy Saturday the atmosphere was lacking and didn't feel "friendly".

1  Thank Gem B
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I love Belgian waffles. This place have one of the best ones that I've ever had. In my opinion, having brunch at this place really worth it. The environment is cozy and looks like a ancient tavern.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went to this resturant with family and friends - eight people . It was our second visit to resturant and we found it to be vastly improved on our first visit. We would have to say one of best meals we have hade in this price range in Dublin for some time. Three courses were all excellent and service for efficent without being fussy - everyone of party really enjoyed their meal. Only downside is entry level for wines pricey as we had mostly young people we were taking wines from bottom of list .We would certainly recommend this restaurant.