“Lovely dining experience”

Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #316 of 2,618 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
“Lovely dining experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent service. Knowledgable staff made good recommendations, which were spot on. Good food. Try the chips with parmesan & truffle oil.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food & service, not cheap!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I really enjoyed the food here, and the service was excellent but there were a couple of things that won't have me coming back here. I think this place is a little overpriced considering the price of a nearby restaurant that I found to be much nicer. I recall asking for a tap water, and they charged us for water on the bill, maybe I should have disputed this. The wine is expensive but I guess that's what you pay in an expensive restaurant these days! The atmosphere wasn't the best but maybe it was because we were a bit early. I can't fault the food and the staff were lovely but I can't justify the price when there's better on offer down the road..

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ciara186605
Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful meal in lovely surroundings”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Cannot fault the restaurant at all. Staff very attentive and meal was excellent. I had the lamb and it came with a small lamb pastie absolute beautiful. For dessert we had the lemon tart with lemon marshmallows and meringue. Absolute heaven

cork ireland
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Quite simply service and food that sets the standard for how it should be done,without having to take out a mortgage to enjoy it.

Visited February 2014
orillia
“Fab Barand restaurant”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This restaurant/bar is in the basement of the Merrion Hotel, and is mostly all brick and stone, even the curved ceilings. The bar staff were excellent, and offered our party (of 13) a separate room but we stayed in the main bar area (with fireplace). We then moved to a separate private dining room and had a wonderful dinner, salmon, seafood tower (wow) mussels, yum!