“All you can Chinese, nice location, inexpensive drinks, great value”
Review of Abacus Restaurant - CLOSED

Abacus Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“All you can Chinese, nice location, inexpensive drinks, great value”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We ate the Abacus Chinese situated in the Best Western Acadmey Plaza off North O'Connell St. on our first night as it was located in our hotel. The food was hot, fresh, great value and tastey. We enjoyed the range of dishes and a nice touch was the range of battered fish/vege/chicken and a choice of sauces that accommodated everyone's tastes. You won't get a better value meal all week.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank HevNige

Graz, Austria
“Below than average quality of food, service OK.”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We found the usual fare of Asian food at this place, albeit with well below overall quality. If you are hungry, you get fed for a reasonable price, but don't expect more than that.

Bracknell, UK
“Decent, good value grub.”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We went to the all-you-can eat buffet, which for €12.95 is definitely good value. The array of dishes available isn't massive, but what is there is tasty and filling.

I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there, but we were staying in the hotel, and as such it provided the perfect quick and easy dinner option we were looking for.

1 Thank TWH_UK
Cork, Ireland
“Delicious Food and Wine but Poor Enough Service”
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Popped into Abacus because my friend and I were staying in the Best Western. We got a main course each and I got a quarter bottle of white wine, which was excellent. It was a refreshingly fruity sauvignon blanc which perfectly complimented my salmon.

The portion was quite small but if I had been eating another two courses it would have been sufficient. However it took quite a long time to come considering it was obvious that the potatoes and veg had developed a shell because they were under a warm place until they were give to me. The portion of potato really was tiny and I asked for some brown bread, which they obliged me with kindly but it was very difficult to persuade the waiter to come and talk to me!

So it was a fleeting but quite satisfactory experience. Absolutely mouth-watering sauce served over the salmon and the potatoes were cooked deliciously. The fact that it was pre-made was a bit of a let down, the waiter's ignoring me was quite annoying too but worth the money you'd spend on an Early Bird Menu and it's quality food which would certainly fill you up.

1 Thank Pandorly
Wales
“Dublin's best kept secret”
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I have been in Dublin for the last 9 months and eat in the Abacus restaurant at least once a week, the staff are great and the food is excellent everytime.