“So disappointed with attitude and service”
Review of Abacus Restaurant - CLOSED

Abacus Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and love it for the location.

My husband and I were in Dublin for a few days and on this occasion stayed with family but we decided to go out for a meal in The Abcus Resturant as we always loved the food!

I called the hotel at lunchtime and booked a table for both of us for 8 pm. When we arrived at hotel on Friday night it was very very busy, we made our way to the Resturant and were greeted by a very rude girl under pressure who informed us that our name wasn't on the list for a reservation! While we could see the girl in question was under pressure there was no need for her rudeness or attitude towards us a all. Needless to say we were not impressed and she informed us that we could wait if we wish but it could be a long time.
We decided to mention this at reception and mention this to duty manager and the receptionist informed us that DM was very busy, said sorry about that and more or less laughed at us.

They also haven't updated their menu on the website as its now a buffet they are serving and apparently have been for the past 6-8 weeks !!!!
Their attitude to us wasnt on at all and we will certainly not be returning here and we stayed here 3 or 4 times a year.

1  Thank csjIreland

Reviewed 29 October 2011

i like chicken curry ,, none available,,,,,,,,,,very limited choice

1  Thank jazzdublinireland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went to this place with the family for a meal. So I booked a week before just to make sure that they could fit us in on a saturday night. We arrived early so that we could have a drink in hotel, just as well we did as they had no record of our booking and did not have a table available for 20 mins after our 7.30pm booking time. The staff were very nice about the mix up and did sort us out in the end. However saying sorry was all they did about it no drink on the house as a way of saying sorry or indeed an offer of any kind. The restaurant itself is very small and was packed to the hilt with people and the two staff that were serving were run off there feet, but I will say they were very pleasent for the pressure they were under.
The buffet itself was ok there was not a great choice available for an asian restaurant. The food was hot and there was plenty of it which pleased my sons. However I have been in better asian places with far better selection of dishes, on the pluse side the two student sons were in their element with the seconds and thirds etc...
It would not be a restaurant that I will rush back to eat in again.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Having read soem of the reviews, I was not sure what to expect at this restaurant, but I must say I was very happy with the food.

The only issues that I could raise was the fact, that although the choice was limited..it was still good enough and all my party were delighted to say, that being a buffet...the food was always piping hot, which a lot of buffets are unable to do

Table service for drinks was poor, not once did anyone come near us after our initial order, and then I ended up having to o to the bar myself to get more drinking water

Other issue, which was really annoying, were the 2 children ( about 6 or 7) running around the place and whose behaviour was being ignored by their parents .... Its a pity neither of these kids were scaldedc by someone walking with hot soup in their hands, perhaps then the parents would realise that they were in a restaurant frequented by other people and not a childrens playground! .. then aain if the staff did their job, I would never had reason to write about it

Overall though, enjoyable

1  Thank flame01
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We purchased vouchers online for this restaurant. So at €11 for 2 people....I certainly can't complain. Looking forward to going back to use the other voucher we purchased!
Good food, piping hot. Selection not amazing, but your basics are covered (can't really ask for more from a buffet!!)
Staff were busy, and although friendly towards my little girl...had a by of an attitude with us to start. Not sure why!
All in all, would recommend, and will be back :)