“Lovely hostel - highly recommended”
Review of Abigails Hostel

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #8 of 122 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights over a weekend with my friend, in an 8 bed female dorm and was very impressed.

The location is brilliant, right next to the River Liffey and Temple Bar so you can walk everywhere and get home safely after a night out.

The room was nice and clean, as was the bed and linen. Bunk bed was comfy enough with its own light and plug socket. Having an en suite was good too.

Breakfast is a typical hostel breakfast - toast, hard boiled egg, cereal, juice, tinned fruit and yogurt, tea/coffee. I was perfectly happy with this!

Good points
- Location, location, location!
- Free breakfast was good
- Nice big communal area
- Clean, ensuite room

Bad points
- Lack of storage space in the room for bags, no locker

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellingEmm

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place is perfectly situated for sightseeing, going out in the Temple Bar quarter etc. My room (including the bathroom!!!) was clean, the beds are reasonably comfortable. Staff was friendly & helpful. I appreciated the various possiblities of storing luggage. If budget travel is your thing (shared rooms) and you are prepared for the unknown (in my case, two guys snoring heavily) this place is an excellent option. Bring earplugs, the area is rather noisy.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked a 6 bed female dorm room the night before I arrived in Dublin. The location is great. It's walking distance from most of the touristy hot spots. It's really close to Temple Bar, which is a popular area at almost any hour. The staff are very friendly. I lost my phone charger and they offered to plug it in for me while I hung out in the common room. Breakfast included toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, milk, coffee, tea, etc. They have an elevator, which was uncommon at the other hostels I'd stayed in. I had to catch an early flight and the person at the front desk arranged for a shuttle to pick me up for under 10 Euro. I would definitely stay at this hostel again and recommend it to all backpackers and the like.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The location is great, just behind the temple bar, one of the principal street in Dublin.
The staff were really polite.
The room was not too big and the toilet need a refurbishment.. Too old!
The breakfast was quite poor!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The second time in Dublin, on our way back to London, we stayed in this hostel, which is somewhat closer to the city center. It's huuuge, and considering that, it's relatively clean. The kitchen is quite small, for the hostel of that size and it tends to get crowdy during the dinner time. The breakfast was okay, and so were the communal facilities- large lounge area. The room was a wee bit too hot, but it was summer, no air conditioning and the top floor facing south, but that's what you sign up for. We loved the bathroom- we were in 8 bed private room!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I spent 7 nights in this hostel, while looking for my own place in Dublin. I stayed in a 10-bed female room with an ensuite bathroom. The place used to be a hotel and it shows. The rooms are really ok, and the bathroom is excellent. Also, when it comes to cleanliness and safety it's one of the best I've ever seen. Maybe some cages beneath the beds or a bigger wardrobe would be helpful.
Breakfast includes the essential, but everything is very tasty.
My only reproach is the internet connection. On the 4th floor, where I was, it's not really possible to connect at all. Also, since there is free wi-fi all over the place I don't understand the necessity to pay 1 euro for 15 mins of internet connection if you want to use their computers. Tried it once for 30 mins and I only managed to open 4 pages in this time. The computer was completely unresponsive.
Generally, I would recommend it for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you really need good internet, you might want to try somewhere else.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I loved this hostel. It's perfect if you want somewhere cheap and not a crazy party place. I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm with an ensuite bathroom. I loved that each bed had USB ports and 2 outlet plugs! It was great not having to fight for the one outlet in the room to charge your phone. The hostel was pretty quiet though the beds were a little hard. Didn't try breakfast but there are lots of tasty options around. Location is great. Very pleased.