“Excellent customer service but a bit noisy at night”
Review of Abigails Hostel

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #7 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I just needed this hostel to stay a for 3 nights to visit a friend while I was in Dublin. I recieved a very warm welcome when I arrived and the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful in every way.

The dorm I was in was right next to the road and right around the corner from temple bar so it got it was always noisy and busy at night time with traffic and drunken people.

Overall a great place to stay if your a young backpacker or in a youth group. well done to the staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I genuinely can't fault this hostel. The location was perfectly central and close to all the main attractions. We stayed in a private room for 3 which was clean, comfortable and well equipped. It was a little noisy at night but that's the price you pay for being so close to all the action. Great value for money, helpful staff, good atmosphere and decent sized room. Would definitely recommend for a trip away with friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was the first hostel I had ever stated at and my first trip abroad from the US. I was worried about how a hostel would be since they are so much cheaper than hotels but Abigail's was certainly a 5 star place in my opinion. The common room was nice, the room was clean and the private bathroom was an unexpected plus. As for the staff they were unbelievably helpful, especially one man named Ciaran who put in the extra effort, at 4am mind you, to help us find where the bus pickup was to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mattymurr
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here on Saturday 12th July with a group of eight 13 to 16yr olds who were at all times treated with friendliness and respect. The staff really make this place (not that there is anything wrong with it otherwise but they were just great) They were at all times friendly, knowledgable and helpful on every subject we threw at them (including where to find skate parks so not just your normal touristy stuff).
The room was lovely and clean with comfortable beds and an en suite, fantastic, hot, powerful shower (my daughter wanted to take it home with us).
The breakfast is also great for a hostel. Eggs, toast and jam, tea, coffee and juice, yoghurt and tinned fruit in unlimited quantities...just help yourself.
Unbeatable value for central Dublin. I would heartily recommend it to anyone and will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for a total of 1.5 weeks while i was in Ireland. Great place to stay right in Temple Bar and close to the shops and great pubs. It was clean, friendly, and breakfast was good. I only had a problem with noise once, and it was a club playing Backstreet Boys (which was actually fine). I've already recommended it to fellow travellers along the way and when I go back to Dublin this is where I'll be staying.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just stayed 2 nights in Abigails, really happy with it. I was in an all female dorm. It is a great location, literally 2 mins walk from O'Connell Street and 5 mins from Temple Bar. Breakfast was fine and staff were friendly. for €20 a night, you cannot go wrong.
My only complaint and its not really a complaint, more of a suggestion really; the Pass that you are given is literally like a paper thin receipt, and it would be easy enough to lose it/ throw it away by accident. Maybe a cardboard pass could be designed, or if the Pass was stapled onto a card or something, it would be easier to store it in a purse etc. I kept having to double check that i still had it during the day, as with sightseeing etc it would be easy to lose it or throw it away by accident with admission slips, map etc. !

Room Tip: This Hostel is located on the Quays, so there is constant traffic and noise from passers by etc, If...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Didn't have the best experience at Abigails but I think it's because it was my first time ever staying in a hostel. The main issues were my roommates and the noise out in the hallways.

Pros: Abigails is right in the Temple Bar area which is really convenient. There are several bus stops right outside the front door as well which is nice if you don't want to walk to the Guinness factory, Jameson distillery, the Kilmainham Gaol, etc. Decent breakfast and relatively clean. Different sized lockers in the main lobby to store laptops, jewelry, cameras, passports, etc and the fees aren't too bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple