“Good hostel ”
Review of Abigails Hostel

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #7 of 119 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

A good hostel with all you need; bed, clean bathroom, breakfast included, wifi, and a good location in the centre of Dublin. Spent three night there with friends and we all agreed it was a good place to stay. And it's very cheap!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Abigails Hostel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great location close to city centre. Hostel was generally clean. The price was very reasonable. Had no problems what so ever and reception seemed fairly friendly offering advice etc. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I just needed this hostel to stay a for 3 nights to visit a friend while I was in Dublin. I recieved a very warm welcome when I arrived and the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful in every way.

The dorm I was in was right next to the road and right around the corner from temple bar so it got it was always noisy and busy at night time with traffic and drunken people.

Overall a great place to stay if your a young backpacker or in a youth group. well done to the staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I genuinely can't fault this hostel. The location was perfectly central and close to all the main attractions. We stayed in a private room for 3 which was clean, comfortable and well equipped. It was a little noisy at night but that's the price you pay for being so close to all the action. Great value for money, helpful staff, good atmosphere and decent sized room. Would definitely recommend for a trip away with friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was the first hostel I had ever stated at and my first trip abroad from the US. I was worried about how a hostel would be since they are so much cheaper than hotels but Abigail's was certainly a 5 star place in my opinion. The common room was nice, the room was clean and the private bathroom was an unexpected plus. As for the staff they were unbelievably helpful, especially one man named Ciaran who put in the extra effort, at 4am mind you, to help us find where the bus pickup was to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mattymurr
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here on Saturday 12th July with a group of eight 13 to 16yr olds who were at all times treated with friendliness and respect. The staff really make this place (not that there is anything wrong with it otherwise but they were just great) They were at all times friendly, knowledgable and helpful on every subject we threw at them (including where to find skate parks so not just your normal touristy stuff).
The room was lovely and clean with comfortable beds and an en suite, fantastic, hot, powerful shower (my daughter wanted to take it home with us).
The breakfast is also great for a hostel. Eggs, toast and jam, tea, coffee and juice, yoghurt and tinned fruit in unlimited quantities...just help yourself.
Unbeatable value for central Dublin. I would heartily recommend it to anyone and will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for a total of 1.5 weeks while i was in Ireland. Great place to stay right in Temple Bar and close to the shops and great pubs. It was clean, friendly, and breakfast was good. I only had a problem with noise once, and it was a club playing Backstreet Boys (which was actually fine). I've already recommended it to fellow travellers along the way and when I go back to Dublin this is where I'll be staying.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo