“Nice cosy place”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: McGill's is a friendly family run restaurant right in the heart of Temple bar. We offer delicious home cooked traditional Irish food, in a nice homely environment. We are well known for our fillet of Irish salmon and stew! We are a great choice for those seeking a more relaxed cosy ambiance in the middle of the hectic and lively Temple Bar. Our Building dates from before 1701, when it was owned by Sir William Temple, whom Temple Bar is named after.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We decided to go here after seeing the specials list but it really wasn't pushed inside. Food was lovely but pricey!!

There are newer reviews for The Palm Tree Restaurant

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I would Like to let you know a secret. I the hart of a busy place like Temple Bar sometimes you find and oasis, this one is the Palm Tree restaurant. Family run and great staff. We enjoyed a very nice meal which was priced to make you want to return. Thanks to all the people choosing to be in the other restaurants we found space at the Palm Tree. We were the lucky ones. As I know other people who had bad meals Thursday night in Dublin.

Nice to see the City busy and the Swedish supporters enjoying a beer without causing problems.

Thanks Palm Tree thanks Dublin..

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in the heart of dublin, great little escape from the madness of temple bar, great food and pleasant staff, would definitely recommend to a friend

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Palm Tree Restaurant tonight and it was beautiful. I had the Crab Toes to start and my husband had the lamb's Kidneys.The crab claws were divine and i really enjoyed them. The lamb's kidney was cooked to perfection medium, exactly how I asked for it.
I had the scallops for my main and they were delicious. I always look forward to scallops and these were delicious. My husband said the fillet steak was fab.
The service was great. Attentive yet not overpowering.
The location could not be better. Middle of Temple Bar and yet whilst eating you are away from the hustle and bustle.
We will go back. Thank you

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Honestly, this was some of the best food we had in Dublin. We ordered the salmon and it was delicious and perfectly cooked. It was a nice espace from the craziness of Temple Bar and our service was lovely. We had the goat cheese plate for dessert and it was a perfect ending to our meal.