“Helpful and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Calpe, Spain
“Helpful and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Dublin. We were there to go to the WAFA World Flower Show at the RDS facility. This hotel is in a perfect location for the venue as it is only a 10 minute walk up the road.

The staff were outstanding and at times it felt like there was a member of staff per customer as we were so well looked after. Noha was a little ray of sunshine and was so kind to us when we encountered a few initial problems with our booking (not at the fault of the hotel).

We ate in the restaurant on our first night, and while it was a little bit pricey, the food was of outstanding quality at a period where the restaurant was almost full. The food for breakfast was of an equal high standard and provided everything you could possibly want for at that time of the day!

Our room was of a standard size but was very clean and well presented. There were tea and coffee making facilities and we ordered extra pillows which arrived instantaneously!

All in all, this is a fantastic hotel with high standards of service and we would definitely return should we need to be in Dublin in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Givvynarna
TulaneManagement, Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Ciwynarna,

I remember you and your mum, hope you liked the drink in the bar while you were waiting for you room, and also that your steaks were good in the restaurant, medium rare fillets if I remember correctly.

We really appreciate that you took the time to write the review and I will make sure to pass it on to the team. I hope you enjoyed all the flowers at the show too. Please send my regards to your mum.

Warmest wished from Dublin.

Paul Beehan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very pleasant. It was good value for money. It has real charm and an old world feel. The reception is elegant and spacious and the bar has a lovely library in it. The staff are efficient. A bus load of people arrived ahead of us and we thought we would have to wait quite a while to check in, but the staff had organised the whole group in minutes. The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. This hotel is a short walk to Aviva Stadium and About 15 minute walk to Stephens Green. Lots of nice eateries and bars within the vicinity also. Everywhere was well maintained and very clean!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ann-Marie K
Dear Anne-Marie,

I'm glad that the bus load didn't delay you checking into the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review, we really appreciate it.

Next time you are in Dublin let me know as we would be delighted to have you back. You can contact me on pbeehan@clydecourthotel.com.

Regards,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was a pleasure to stay at Clyde Court Hotel and can't fault it in any way..would like to thank the General Manager Miss Sandra Doyle for her warm welcome and great Hospitality also to the reception staff Marianna and Slah and the guest relations Manager Noha as she was very kind and forthcoming to all my needs.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Caribbean,

I will make sure to pass your comments on to Noha, Sandra, Marianna and Slah, they will all be thrilled that you mentioned them. We hope all is well in London and if you are ever coming back to Dublin make sure to let us know so we can look after you.

Greetings from Ireland.

Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We selected Dublin as the meeting place for a world-wide business meeting. Our host wanted us to stay close to the historic city centre (vs near the airport) and therefore chose the Clyde Court Hotel. The facilities were nice, the staff was warmly welcoming, and our rooms were fine. I was glad we came, and I would recommend this place to other business travelers.

The hotel has a really nice lobby area, good for small gatherings or opening up a laptop and getting work done. Our group had breakfasts and lunches in the buffet style dining room; we gathered at the end of the day in the bar area. All pretty nice. The hotel staff was very eager to please and we really felt welcome!

The room was normal sized with a double bed, two comfy chairs and table. There was a flat screen TV, desk area all with decent WIFI service. The hotel charges for WIFI, but our group rate had the service included. The bathroom was ok with a normal sized bathtub shower and sink area. The desk area had no reading light and I felt like I was working in the dark, even when it was daylight. The room heating/air conditioning was just right.. the hotel staff opened my window and it pretty much stayed open, just a crack, day and night.

The hotel has a good sized meeting area and we were easily able to shuffle our group from meetings, to demo areas, to breaks and back to meetings.

The hotel is in a mixed residential area that is a short walk to restaurants, pubs, and cafes. You can see the city Aviva Stadium from the hotel. But the hotel is not really that close to the historic city center. One night I went for a walk and it took just over a 30 minutes to get to Trinity College (the main bus stop area is along Nassau Street). The main route had frequent buses and I took Bus 4 back. (Looks like either Bus 4 or 7 would serve the hotel area).

There's an airport Aircoach bus stop a couple of blocks from the hotel on Northumberland Road. The Aircoach service is pretty big and you cannot miss them at the airport. But from the bus stop by the hotel, all the roads look alike and I am afraid I would have been walking around in circles trying to find the hotel. I took my host's recommendation and used the taxi (about 30 euros); next time might try the Aircoach from the hotel (about 9 euros), now that I know my way around a little better.

There's a couple of convenience stores and a Starbucks nearby. But you wouldn't know it when you first get there. Ask at the front desk and they'll give you a little map and you can get yourself some junk food or a coffee fix with only a short walk. Some people in our group found their way to the water front, and even more impressive, someone arranged for a bike to be rented and they went for a ride through the neighborhood.

Maybe it was good we were a little too far away from the historic city center. Some of the local places were really nice and it kept the group together better focused on meetings. The hotel did arrange for a late afternoon guided tour (Trinity College/Book of Kells, St Patrick's Cathedral, etc Carol, our tour guide was excellent), and we did have dinner catered for us at the historic Guinness Storehouse -- we had no problem getting everyone to attend this activity!

No surprise in June, the sun set just before 10pm and it was twilight almost until 11pm. The days were cool and a little rainy -- but no showstopper storms. Most people brought an overcoat; I didn't and I was fine.

Room Tip: Get the concierge to give you a local map. There's lots of nice pubs and restaurants in walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank jkozik
TulaneManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for your generous comments about the service and facilities and indeed your high praise.

I am glad that we managed to tick all the right boxes and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible service to all our guests and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand during your stay

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clyde Court Hotel in the near future.

Warmest wishes from Ireland,
Noha Ashri
Guest Relations Manager
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Moved from a dire B&B in Dublin last week to the Clyde Court Hotel. Great experience, extremely good value, about 140 euros a night for a junior suite, sounds expensive but we had been staying in an appalling B&B for 100 euros a night!. The staff were a joy, food was excellent and could not have been more helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gillianmarycasey
TulaneManagement, Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Gillian,

Many thanks for your kind review. It really is important to us in the Hotel.
I am really glad you liked your junior suite and also felt that it was value for money.
I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the team.
If you are ever back in the Hotel, please let me know in advance as I would love the opportunity to meet with you.

Warmest Wishes
Lisa Harrison
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

A group of us stayed here for the World Flower Show. The situation is ideal for any event at the RDS - a 10 minute stroll. The lobby is luxurious and spacious. Rooms are tasteful. Food is delicious and expertly served. But the best of all is the staff. Nothing is any bother to them. 2 of us had to move rooms for technical reasons - they even pack and transfer your belongings for you! They moved furniture in the bar so we could all be together for drinks after our meal. As they say - every one of them would go the extra mile. They are the friendliest hotel staff I have encountered anywhere. They must have a top notch recruiting strategy - it wasn't the charm of the Irish. Very few staff were Irish. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jlockhart010
TulaneManagement, Front Office Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear jlockhart010,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot to the team here.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the World Flower Show, as well as your stay at the Clyde Court Hotel.
We really did enjoy looking after all of the ladies during the show, there was a great buzz around the Hotel.
If you are ever coming back to Dublin please do not hesitate to contact me and we will make sure you are well looked after.

Warmest Irish regards,
Lisa Harrison
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am staying at the Clyde Court hotel for the World Flower Show ( WAFA ) at the nearby RDS exhibition hall, and just wanted to record, that quite apart from the very comfortable, accomplished and stylish accommodation, the hotel is a showcase for hospitality at its best! There are many names of course that I can't record here because I can't possibility know all those, the movers and shakers, who have afforded the ' behind the scenes ' detail, but I would like to congratulate those who have made my stay so perfectly enjoyable, and those who not only carried out there work with supreme efficiency, but went the ' extra mile ' with such kindness, thoroughness, friendliness and grace. So I give first class praise to Noha, Lisa, Maja, Denis, Mariana, Paul, Sabrina, Bogdan and Marie! If I haven't listed you here, forgive me please, but know all of you, that you have contributed to a very memorable stay. I can't wait to return!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank GrahamTourGuide
Dear Mr. GrahamP,

Thank you so much for this fabulous review and I am absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our staff, location and food. We pride ourselves on all of these qualities and it's great to see this kind of feedback coming through.

I hope to get the chance to personally welcome you back to The Clyde Court Hotel on your next trip to Dublin in the near future.

Warmest wishes from Ireland.
Noha Ashri