“Don't look further, choose Day Tours Unplugged”

Day Tours Unplugged
Ranked #10 of 91 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Small group Day Tours from Dublin, 16 persons max. TA Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Tour Wicklow & Glendalough. Discover Newgrange and Boyne valley a UNESCO World heritage site, older than the Pyramids. Guides are Failte Ireland Approved and badged, don't settle for less. Support sustainable tourism tour with like minded guests in small groups.
Bree, Limburg, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't look further, choose Day Tours Unplugged”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was on the Day Tours unplugged bus about 7-8 times before.
I tried other tours also, but not one was as good as this one.
Our driver (Martin this time) was fantastic. wonderful knowledge and great passion about the history of Ireland. They bring humor, safe driving, and loads of fun on the bus, with lots of storytelling.
This time we went to Trim Castle and the wicklow mountains! (That's where i fell in love with Ireland)
Just a small bus. Not to many people. Perfect for a day away!
The tour is good value for money and will leave you wanting to go back and do it again!

2 Thank Ellen J

• Hebrew first
Wells, Maine
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour with a lot of Extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I booked a tour to Trim Castle, and even though we were the only people they did not cancel. We had a lovely time learning quite a bit from our tour guide Damien, both up and back. He also took the time to show us some extras in the Dublin area, help us do some planning for the rest of our trip and dropped us at a great place to eat. Can't recommend Day Tours Unplugged enough.

1 Thank taralaf
Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Short notice to book tour, Damian made it happen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Long story short, I was in Dublin hosting one of our customers and as we had traveled from the UK to Dublin, there was a discussion about trying to see a castle in our spare time if we could. At the time of discussion, I did not know what our schedule would hold for the week. I found out Wednesday evening that our Friday was open. However, we only had the morning available as we had to leave the afternoon open for our tour of the Guinness factory! I actually happened upon the tour by a brochure in my hotel lobby - hey they mentioned tripadvisor so I figure it must be decent (although because of spotty internet I didn't get a chance to check reviews prior to booking).

I called Thursday morning and asked if there was availability to see Trim Castle on Friday morning. He replied and said unfortunately they were booked. Without a backup on short notice, I thought our chances were gone. However, Damian quickly texted me and said that if we were up to do a private tour, he could book us on Friday. We eagerly jumped at the chance and booked the tour.

Damian came exactly on time and we started our journey. On the way, he gave some insight on the history of Ireland plus just some information about the current industries of Ireland that I, quite frankly, was stunned to hear. Here I thought Ireland was just some random country without really anything interesting but this was a country with a tremendous history and diversity. He continued the tour by providing some historical background and we made one stop prior to arriving at Trim Castle to see some old ruins. This actually was a graveyard which I honestly found a little creepy but was fascinated to soon gravestones from the 1500s! We then headed to Trim Castle and Damian guided us to our tour. He also confided to us that not all Trim Castle tours were equal - there were some tours sold in Dublin that advertised Trim but you did not get to go on a tour inside the Castle. We did our tour - quite fascinating - I'll touch on this on a separate review, and Damian picked us up right at the Castle exit.

On the way back, he knew of our plans to visit Guinness but he actually recommended that we get some lunch at the nearby Brazen Head, the oldest pub in Dublin. He dropped us off there, saving us a hassle of heading to our hotel and going out again. Great food at the Brazen Head and we walked to Guinness afterwards (about a ten minute walk).

Would definitely do the tour again - I actually want to try the tour of Newgrange next time if I'm fortunate enough to be in town! Highly recommend and Damian was a wealth of excellent information!

2 Thank uyevad
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very informative and nice tour, but to short!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I did the Unplugged Newgrange/Hill of Tara tour and it was very nice and informative. Our tour guide was friendly and gave us a lot of information and answered all of our questions. We had a lot of time to walk around each site and never felt rushed. The group was small (the company uses only vans that fit 14/16 people) and the van was in a good condition, with seat belts etc.

The only thing I did not like was that Instead of coming back at 4:30/5 pm like stated on the homepage, we were back in Dublin at 4! So that we had one full hour less. The guide did not want to make any additional stops, which I guess he is not allowed to do anyway. But for this price (it is the most expensive tour as far as I can tell compared to other tour operators, with no student discount etc.) I really feel a little cheated :( I think the tour company should consider adding a quick photo stop at Trim castle or Mellifont Abbey to fill the time schedule that was promised. Then it would have been a really great tour.

2 Thank Martyna P
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible day tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had the chance to have a private tour of Newgrange, Tara and Monasterboice, with Damien; a unique immerse in history!