“Good food, pleasant people.”

Buenos Aires Grill Dublin
Ranked #1,562 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Had a nice meal in the Buenos Aires grill last night. It was my first time there, although I have been planning to go for some time. My wife and I had different starters. I went for the mixed grill (Picado) which had a couple of different steak pieces, a rib, black pud and a grilled mushroom. My wife went for the cheesy grilled mushrooms (Provolone). Both plates were cleared. We both ordered the Rib-eye. I ordered medium and my better half went medium rare. Both were cooked perfectly. We chose different sauces and again cleaned our plates. Hand cut chips were nice. Presented well. We shared a desert and were on our merry way. Belly's full. Staff were very nice and the place itself was a relaxed atmosphere to spend a few hours. I would recommend and will visit again.

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I saw this restaurant the other day while driving through town and it looked appealing from the outside, when my partner asked where we could go for dinner I suggested a good steak would be nice and an argentine grill must be good for steak.

We were a little late arriving for our 7:30 booking as parking is a nightmare in this part of town. When we arrived a waiter told us that he would be with us in a minute. This turned into a lengthy wait at the door with another party who arrived after us. Eventually we were brought to our table and we were sat next to a window in a raised area of the restaurant.

Service seamed to be slow at this stage and I should add that the restaurant was 90% full by now and there were three staff on the floor and one behind the bar so they may have been under a bit of pressure.

Our order was taken by a lovely Spanish waitress who was very efficient. For starters I had the chicken wings and my partner had the breads and dips. Both starters were very nice and well presented. For mains my partner had the 8oz filet and I had the 14oz striploin. The steaks came very simply presented on a white plate with our chosen sauce and a criss cross of chunky chips (5or6). The steaks were cooked as requested and the flavours were really good. As I looked around at other tables I could see the pork ribs and the fish dishes going down a treat also.

Desserts were a pancake with toffee filling and a creme brûlée and both were delicious.

Over all the food is excellent. It is a little pricy so don't expect to go on a cheap date here.

We will be back maybe to try the pre theatre special next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

a little out of the way and not in a very salubrious area but a great little find.went with a friend with a grabone voucher but prices were reasonable & i would happily have paid full price.we both had seafood chowder for starter-not your usual creamy soup but seafood in a light tomato broth served with grilled bread-very tasty, only downside was the very chewy calimari.for main, friend had chicken breast stuffed with chorizo-served with some vegetables & chips-lovely presentation, tasty chicken moist & crispy skin,only downside was 4 chips-but big chips!wouldnt fancy paying €3.50 for 4 chips!lol! i had the beef asada-3 huge,slowcooked beef shortribs,charred on barbecue & smothered in a rich madeira sauce, served on a bed of mash.i felt like a caveman and was stuffed and enjoyed every mouthfull!place was nice & service was excellent -will definitely be back

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Myself and the the Mrs visited this place last night for a birthday meal, we arrived just after seven to be greeted by our waitress and seated quiet promptly, our order was taken and wine served, starters and mains were fine, then the problem started. We asked to see the desert menu at eightish, sat sipping wine while waiting for it to arrive, meanwhile two desserts arrived to our table which we told the lad they were not ours he placed them on the table next to us, they didnt order them either so they were taken away back to kitchen, I think. Half eight and another waitress came over and asked us if we wanted to see the dessert menu, I told her we were already waiting on it and it arrived just after that. We waited till quater to nine and decided 45 minutes was long enough so we paid and left. Talking to a couple beside us they felt the same way. Yes it was busty but its a restaurant so should be used to it. Overall the food was good but service wasn't.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Visited for a family meal on a busy Saturday night. This is quite a small restaurant and is very popular. Staff are friendly and efficient despite being very busy. Good menu choice with steaks,fish and chicken. Would definitely return.