Open today: 14:00 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Quick Drink

Had a very quick drink in here recently. We didn't stay very long so I wouldn't really do it... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018
Professor_Sparrow
Dublin, Ireland
Lacks atmosphere

Very cheap cocktails compared to everywhere else. 5-8pm thurs and fri cocktails are two for €8... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018

from US$28.80
from US$16.10
from US$13.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Plenty of seats both downstairs and upstairs
Toilets on both levels
Bars on both levels
Cocktails of decent quality - they match the price you pay. The prices vary from around €6-€8 per cocktail

Promotions on drinks throughout the week such as:

Two for one on Tuesdays (only certain drinks)
Gin Wednesdays

Speakers are bad quality for such big space but if you don't sit near one it shouldn't be a problem.

1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 21 March 2018

A huge bar that has an extensive cocktail list, all very reasonable priced. Most cocktails are around £6. It may not have the normal 'class' of a cocktail bar (cocktails aren't served in the normal glass you would expect them to be), but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a comfortable setting to enjoy a few cocktails with friends at a great price for the centre of Dublin then this is the best place to go!

1  Thank cb1195
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I used to regularly attend capitol as the music is good and there always seems to be a good atmosphere, from what I can remember. It's been a while since I've actually been, but attempted a few times.

Myself and 2 other lads tried to get in last night but didn't even make it past the door. Bouncer stopped us and asked "How many tonight lads?" Three was the answer. 3 respectable young lads who hadn't been drinking as we had just got into the city centre. Dressed well. "Not tonight lads" even though the place was empty. Don't understand it at all business must be great or else the bouncers are trying very hard to close the place. We would have probably generated an extra €100 in revenue to the place but they were not interested.

This is the third time that I have been refused. It will be the last as I will not be bothering again. Seems to be a common thing with these bouncers as most of the reviews say the same thing.

Go to Hogans instead where the bouncers will actually have a laugh with you as you enter the place.

4  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Tried to go here with my friend, my mum and her friend after dinner. They refused us entry for no reason what so ever(we were not drunk or disorderly), even though we had asked for a reason... as we were taking to one of the bouncers, the other bouncer happily allowed 4 young women in without hesitation. Very rude and discriminatory place, by the looks of other reviews it seems to happen often. Would not recommend!!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I live in Dublin. Dublin city is beautiful and there are amazing pubs in town and this is definitely not one. Getting into this pub is like going through hell. Door men are at most racists, rude and abnoxious. Even if you get through its very dry place. There are loads of pubs everywhere filled with lovely, beautiful and happy people from all over the world. So try somewhere else. I would love to give this place -1 but the least I could give this place 1 as the review doesn't let me give less than that.

Date of experience: July 2017