Open today: 14:00 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Quick Drink

Had a very quick drink in here recently. We didn't stay very long so I wouldn't really do it... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018

from US$29.00
from US$16.20
from US$13.90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I have been to capitol a few times and last weekend I brought my mother out for dinner for her birthday and I thought that she would enjoy a cocktail in Capitol afterward.
When we got to the door the bouncer gave us one look and just said 'not tonight' I thought he was joking and when I realized he wasn't I asked him why and he then said he doesn't have to give a reason just not tonight and while saying this he is letting in a bunch of young people who were behind us.

It was very embarrassing especially for my mam as she doesn't get out much and this was just a treat for her birthday. We didn't understand why we were getting refused entry and I feel it was very discriminating.
The bouncer was very rude, obnoxious and you could see he was on a power trip as he wouldn't even give us an explanation.

I myself have worked in hospitality for a number of years and am appalled by the treatment we received with no explanation. I will not be returning and will no longer recommend Capitol to any friends or customers.

I suggest you look into re-training or replacing your front door staff as it seems to be a recurring issue according to your reviews.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

2 for one deal available some nights. Great place for a cocktail however it can be full of students.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Had a very quick drink in here recently.

We didn't stay very long so I wouldn't really do it justice by giving an overview of the place, as we didn't really spend long enough in it.

It seemed big on cocktails with lots of promo adverts around. There seemed to be a young(ish) clientele and as it was early evening when we visited, there weren't that many people in.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Very cheap cocktails compared to everywhere else. 5-8pm thurs and fri cocktails are two for €8 (different menu of cocktails than the main menu though).
Atmosphere was lacking considerably. Would recommend taking advantage of their cheap deals but wouldn’t stay for long.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Worst bar i’ve ever been to. We got told to leave after I witnessed the manager pouring water into a half full vodka bottle; now i know why the drinks are so cheap.

Previously i have also seen staff crying here after walking out of the staff room. Capitol lounge is disgraceful.

Date of experience: August 2018