“Clean, friendly, saved my life... will be back!”

Times Hostels - Camden Place
Ranked #21 of 106 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
“Clean, friendly, saved my life... will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here on my first night on recent trip to Dublin... and that night I left my wallet in a taxi. Jet-lagged and disoriented from my flight from California that day, I really needed some help, and these guys stepped right in. All of the receptionists (since I spent basically 24 hours bugging them for help, I met most of them) were really helpful, sympathetic, encouraging, and friendly. Ireland is kind of like that in general I find, but it can be tough to find in a big city. These guys printed taxi company and garda station contact info for me, and let me use the phone and internet for free (since I had 2 Euros to my name...), and most importantly, provided some much-needed moral support. I am so, so grateful to all of them.

Aside from that, there is a great full kitchen, and free continental breakfast. The rooms are clean and inviting. They have free WiFi, and a free Skype phone that calls many countries around the world (including the US... super helpful when I had to cancel all my credit cards and have a friend wire me some money). It's centrally located, too; just a couple minutes' walk from Stephen's Green.

They have activities and gatherings, but it wasn't an over-the-top crazy backpacker haven, either; I'd say the guests were on the mellower side, for a hostel, which I like, since I'm in my late 20s.

Overall, a great place to stay, if you're traveling on a budget!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cutigliano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

The hostel is really centrally located: you can walk in a few minutes to Temple Bar, Grafton Street and Trinity College.
The guys of the staff are fantastic. The rooms are very clean, cleaned up every morning and washrooms are very clean too.
The staff organizes events every day in the common hall, so is very easy to meet new friends.
Oh, the common hall: it is very big and comfortable and the kitchen is perfect! Breakfast is great. Fantastic hostel!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Brasília, Brasil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I had a great experience staying at this hostel, really recommend to backpackers who travel on a tight budget, but still want to have the best time in Dublin.

The location was good. Close to pubs, nightclubs, restaurants and in a walking distance to Stephen's Green.

I stayed in a 4 person room and it was absolutely comfortable and clean. One other thing that was a great surprise was the kitchen! Lots of space, well-equipped and clean.

The staff was very helpful. The front desk girl recommend us a few pubs and restaurants near the hostel and also indicated some tours around town.

Definitely one of the best hostels that i've ever stayed in! :)

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
latestviking, General Manager at Times Hostels - Camden Place, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thanks for your feedback! We're happy you enjoyed your time here with us and we hope to see you next time.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Times Hostel was my first hostel experience ever and was a bit skeptical about it. I booked it based on all the good reviews and thought that it couldn't be so bad.

Well it wasn't! I was pleasantly surprised with how clean it was, the beds comfortable, and conveniently located. Breakfast was served every morning...nothing substantial but good enough and just what I needed to get my morning started.

All staff were super friendly and helpful from the time we checked in and to the time we checked out. Alison recommended a few local pubs and a Canadian gentleman at the front desk recommended a fabulous vegetarian restaurant for dinner named Juice. We loved it so much we went back the second night. And I'm not a vegetarian!

My friend and I stayed in a private room with an en-suite bathroom overlooking Camden street. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday evening so there were a lot of party-ers outside and was quite noisy. This was not a deal breaker for me for two reasons...#1 as it was a Fri and Sat, we were out partying as well and #2 we are both heavy sleepers so was able to sleep through it. I only mention this as it can be an issue for light sleepers and would suggest asking for a room off the street if possible.

Overall, I was extremely satisfied with my experience and will be booking the Times Hostel Camden Place for my next visit to Dublin in February. =)

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper (which I am not), see if they have any rooms not facing Camden Street...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to be your first hostel experience! Look forward to having you back here in February - We've been busy rebuilding so we have a brand new common area for you to hang out in. See you next year!
Regensburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We absolutely loved this hostel. Our room was rather tiny and the location pretty noisy, but it was evident that the people there did hostelling out of passion. They had a lot of events and specials, free WiFi and landline phone calls, city maps and other info material. Also everybody from the staff was very friendly and helpful.
One of the best things was the kitchen: All stainless steel, clean, spacious, well-equipped – wonderful!
Location is good, too: It's within walking distance of a lot of Dublin's top pubs, for anything beyond that, there's a bus stop close to it.
We would surely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed your time in Dublin and your stay with us. We like to offer loads of free stuff for you and we're glad you enjoyed our big kitchen for your cooking. Look forward to having you here with us next time.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We arrived much earlier than our check in time to The Times Hostel and our experience from walking through the door to leaving for our trip back home was brilliant. The staff were extremely friendly, went out of their way to re-arrange things for us and other guests and always helped us with any queries we had.

The main receptionist Emma was a delight and felt as though she went out of her way to make things happen that just wouldn't have happened in another Hostel or even Hotel's. We stayed here because it was the Dublin Marathon and we wanted a vibrant place to stay close to the City. On the morning of the marathon breakfast was served an hour earlier for us and when they have 'Crepe and Ice Cream night' they served them an hour earlier as we were going out. It was fantastic and they were very easy to speak to.

The rooms were a lot better than we were hoping for and we stopped in a Double En-suite room which was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and it wasn't noisy at all meaning we had a great nights sleep. Any small glitches were resolved by the staff without any hesitation which was brilliant.

In the lounge were DVDs, board games and plenty of comfortable seating. The kitchen was huge with plenty of amenities for cooking and little extras such as unlimited tea, coffee, milk and hot chocolate definitely made the trip here worthwhile. As it was the marathon weekend there was a huge group of 40+ French runners which made the atmosphere brilliant and everyone had a great time in the hostel.

On our departure day we were able to leave our suitcase at the Hostel meaning we could spend a whole day in the city without having to take our luggage everywhere which was brilliant. Overall this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in and would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms in the newer build to the hostel were great. The beds were extremely comfortable and it wa...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us during the Marathon weekend, a vibrant hostel full of french runners. We like to go out of our way to make sure everyone is having a great time and happy you enjoyed your double room and free things. Look forward to seeing you next time.
Emma says hi!
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The staff here is PHENOMENAL. They are so happy and cheerful, even at 3am, and go out of their way to help guests any way possible. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. They have an event of some kind every night; from wine and cheese in the hostel to a dublin pub crawl. I liked this place so much I came back a few days later. Only downside, which doesnt effect my rating, is that the breakfast consists of toast and cereal... which is better than nothing. But they do have a full kitchen and a market a couple minutes away if you wanna cook something up. Its very close to a bunch of fun pubs... but just grab a pair of the ear plugs they have at reception as the very close location to fun = a lil loud at night.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room not directly on Camden is you want something a lil quieter and the rooms to th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends