“Just what we wanted..”

Times Hostels - Camden Place
Ranked #24 of 130 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed in the Times Hostel over NY 2011/12... On arrival the staff were very helpful. Our room was spacious with a clean private bathroom. We didn't need anyplace fancy, just somewhere to leave our stuff and sleep. It proved, however, to be a great base to explore Dublin for the three days we were there. It was out of the town a little, but this meant we got to explore pubs and bars away from the dreaded Temple Bar area! Few local pubs we explored were incrediblely friendly and great place to have a pint of Guinness! Breakfast was included in the reasonable price but every morning we got to the kitchen (around 8.30/9am) it was quite crowded and there was only rather unappetising leftovers for us to chose from. We instead went into Dublin and ate out.. No problem for us as it was a short stay. If you are backpacking thoughand you are staying for an extended amount of time, maybe plan to get up early to enjoy what I assume is a tasty breakfast!! One thing to note, we were in a bedroom above the kitchen area and we had exceedingly noisy neighbours. We had to bang on the wall several times in the very early hours.. Although it is usually us making the noise so we were quite forgiving! We went to Temple Bar during the day and loved it... at night however it was NOT our scene - lots of 18 years with very little on and too much beer in their system! A little out of the area there are some amazing bars.. Dublin is an amazing cultural city. We went to a great comedy night at The Stag (I think it was called) and also a fab jazz bar somewhere between Temple and Camden! We spent NYE in the Globe bar.. no charge and great atmosphere! Brilliant stay and Times was a great find as was very reasonable given that it was New Year! Would reccommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

This hostel was just ok. I had a different experience with the staff. I found some of them to look miserable and uninterested. When i came to checkin the staff continued in conversation and just ignored that i had walked in. One girl just sat on her laptop at the back of the reception desk while I stood waiting to be served typing away ignoring me. Some of the staff seem stressed out or overly tired. The hostel is loud there is some kind of party at the back of the hostel every night. The room wasn't that clean. I have stayed in many other hostels with friendlier atmosphere and this one was not a highlight for me. For 62 AUD for three nights I guess it's ok. I'm coming back to Dublin in two weeks I won't be staying here. It is far to walk to the main attractions in comparison to other hostels.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Nice, clean hostel. Very good price! Friendly staff, good breakfast. Every night party in a garage cross the street, so the nights are loud!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jedimindtricks123
Reviewed 16 July 2012

If you want a huge party scene, this isn't the right hostel. It's quiet, away from Temple Bar (but walkable) and there are a lot of families there. We had a 2 person room with a bathroom and it worked out really well.

Nice breakfast and other freebies offered. No bar though onsite. Nice kitchen.

The staff were super cool. I dropped my wallet and the desk guy brought it up to my room.

They offer free wifi that worked well. They also offer free Skype calls.

They can call you a shuttle to the airport for 7 Euros.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Having stayed in The Times Hostel College Street, we thought we'd try the other Times Hostel, with it having good reviews and claiming to be only a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. The rooms were pleasant and reasonably clean, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. However, it is actually more like 20 minutes to the centre, so my friend and i had to get taxis back if we stayed out late. The hostel is situated amongst busy nightclubs, so don't expect to get to sleep before 6am on a saturday or sunday morning (Our room was right at the front). Also, we booked a twin, but were given a room with two bunk beds, which was a bit annoying and slightly uncomfortable. I'd say stay at The Times Hostel, College street.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily E
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This hostel was such a great home away from home during our two week trip through Ireland. Staff is friendly and helpful, kitchen was clean and easy to cook in (which is something hard to find in the bigger city hostels). There's a free event or meal every night, and we met many great people during our stay.

I love walking in new cities so it was nice being close to everything by about 10 minutes, but not right on top of all the touristy sites. The rooms and beds are super clean and comfortable...and good god they have the best showers I've ever seen, I'd say hotel quality. My sister and I stayed in a 4-bedroom dorm for 4 nights and had the room to ourselves the entire time.

Only downside is the late night noise from the bar/club next door...but I always bring earplugs, so for me this wasn't an issue.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Great hostel, friendly staff, a little walk from the main area but worth it when u get in the new renovated rooms

• Stayed: June 2012