Times Hostels - Camden Place
US$152
US$278
US$253
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$233
US$176
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree dinnerbunk bedsfree earplugsfree pancakesdaily eventsi stayed in a private roomfantastic hostelhear some noiselaundry facilitiesperson roomown bathroommixed dormpub crawltemple barfree wificommon areasrooms are clean
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Spent one night, The staff were nice and helpful the free dinner was good and the bed was comfortable. The room it self was pretty basic but for the price in dublin it was fine

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Very well kept and new hostel. Its clean... the kitchen is well provided for. The guests washed up after dinner. The employees were helpful. The bed linen was very good and the room nice. I do miss having more places to hang stuff though. Good shower. Nothing negative except a heater than wasn't fixed a few days later... but they gave us a portable one.

A shortish walk and your in Dame street. So maybe not in the centre... but close enough. Two good supermarkets close by.

I`m very wary of hygiene... and I so recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Clean, friendly and helpful staff, good location, a little away from all the madness. Can definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I had a more than pleasant experience at this hostel right in the middle of Dublin. I was in a four person room...it was very simple and very clean, and the beds were incredibly comfortable. There was a huge group staying in the hostel so the common room was always full and very noisy with just that one group kind of "taking over"... but otherwise, it was great. Only complaint was the weird smell in the room...it was some sort of cleaning solution so I guess that's good, but it was kind of overpowering even with the window open.

The neighborhood was VERY lively. We were only a few blocks from St Stephens Green, and it was under a ten minute walk to Trinity College where you can catch not only the airport bus, but also the touristy buses that go all around town. You really can't beat that location for the very low price! Be aware that some rooms face the street, so on a weekend it can get pretty loud as there are several dozen pubs around the corner, and the street seems to echo like crazy. With the window closed the room was stuffy, but with it open the noise was unbearable. I'm sure this is the case with any hotel in that area, so I'd suggest ear plugs!

All in all, it was definitely one of the better hostel experiences I've had! I'd recommend it to anyone! The staff was also awesome - very accommodating, great at giving directions, and let me print my boarding pass for free on the main computer. Luggage storage before you've checked in/after you've checked out is also free (as is the high speed internet).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2009

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is decent, and the rooms are clean. My only complaint would be the noise.

Of the three separate nights I've stayed at Camden, I managed to get very lucky to share a dorm with some quiet backers who went to sleep before 10pm. Unfortunately, the pubs and foot traffic weren't so accommodating. Weekend nights are obvious going to be worse, but if you make sure the windows in the room are closed, you’ll get on okay. If not, the 24 internet access and community room are handy.

The price at Camden is about average and I appreciated the washer/dryer available in addition to a hot shower (bring your own soap, shampoo/conditioner, though. Towels available at the front desk). The breakfast is just cereal, toast, and tea – about what you’d expect from a hostel – but there’s a stove, fridge, etc. in the kitchen if you want to make something more substantial.

Overall, based on price, staff, and amenities, Camden is one of the better hostels in the Dublin area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo