Times Hostels - Camden Place
Ranked #22 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I’ve just arrived home after a four night stay in Dublin, and stayed in Times Hostel Camden Place with my best friend.

I can’t speak highly enough of our experience there. It’s on the 16A bus route from the airport, and buses into Temple Bar and O’Connell Street are frequent enough, with the stop being a minute’s walk from the hostel.

Our room was clean, with ample space, (we stayed in a 4 bed dorm) and had comfortable beds and a power shower ensuite. The communal kitchen is split into two parts, which gets very busy in the mornings (especially weekends, it’s worth getting up that much earlier to beat the homemade pancake rush). There was always enough seating between the two dining areas and the living room, and the free tea and coffee was a lovely perk we made full use of.

The staff were not only friendly and beyond helpful, it was like taking the best bits of being at home with the best bits of being in student halls, and worked really well. Ali in particular took really good care of us, (I came back to an extra pillow when I mentioned I had a cold coming and needed to sit up in bed) always found time for my trivial problems (I still say she was working magic on the phone handset) as well as being knowledgeable about the city itself and happy help out with whatever she could, ie booking a table in a restaurant or just having a chat. A special mention too, for Emma, who is relaxed, positive and sociable making an excellent addition to the team. (Some great memories, cheers!)

To finish, it’s the atmosphere in the hostel is what stays with you. It’s friendly, informal and a pleasure to come back to, a real feather in Dublin’s cap.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evermist

Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed here for the first time in June 2010, and I've stayed there every time I've been to Dublin since. I LOVE the place, it's my home away from home, and Ally,Jozo, Cado, Felix, Helio and Marija made me feel so welcome and special, I'll truly never forget the amazing experiences I had at Camdens..
I recommend this place to everyone I meet that's going to Dublin, it's truly a good place too be if you wanna have fun..

May you never change!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Staff very helpful- recommended good activities and provided many nice extras- free hot meals and snacks on certain nights. Drawbacks were some maintenance problems and drunks outside got very loud at night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Perfectly clean - everything, rooms, baths, kitchen, "living room" :)
Excelent, nice, helpful, always smilling staff.
Great location - several minutes walk to downtown centre, direct bus to the airport.
We will come back!
But - only one thing should be improved - WiFi sucks.
Thank you for your great hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This was my first time staying at a hostel, and it was a great experience.
Staff was helpful and pleasent. Rooms and bathroom were comfortable and very clean.
Great kitchen facilities. Free Wireless. Free calls to Canada. Great location, about a 5 minute walk to St Stephen's Green and Grafton St. Lots of pubs in the area. Also has a Tesco just down the street for any essentials you may have forgotten. If I have one tip, it would be to bring earplugs. There are many pubs in the area, and the patrons are quite loud until the wee hours of the morning. Your only chance of a good night's sleep is earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Really couldn't ask for more. Stayed there with a few friends. Beds were really comfy, place was immaculate, toilets and shower were spotless! Free calls to around 40 countries, free wireless, 1 free drink in the evening (on the day of arrival), breakfast was nice, staff were very friendly. Highly recommend the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2010

It was my first time ever in a hostel. I was thankful enough that my boyfriend paid for a private room. The staff at the front desk were absolute delights, neither of which could have failed more at being Irish but could recommend a lot! I was able to call home for free, all the ways to Alaska! The breakfast was great and even allowed for me to make a sandwich for the road. The room was clean and the bathroom was quite sizable for us. And much to my appreciation they had free drinks and dinner then evening we stayed. Overall it was a fun experience, but probably my last at any hostel. It was only about a 20 minute walk to the exciting part of town, too!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business