Ferryview Guesthouse
US$169
US$278
US$253
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here for the last two nights and I am still unsure! They were very good to give me a room at short notice and let me bring my dog. The people there were very friendly and I guess it's just in need of a bit of tlc.
It's nice and clean but the the heating went off at 10pm and didn't come back on until the following evening. It was about zero outside and the night I was rally cold and didn't sleep well as I wasn't prepared for this. The morning was very chilly however, the shower was hot even if the room wasn't. They were kind enough to give me a plug in heater for the second but unfortunately this didn't work.
However, it is in a great location, lovely views, would let my dog stay and the breakfast was nice. An ideal place in the summer but in the winter...bring your bed socks!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Negatives
Our bedroom (6) has the headboard next to the back stairs - last night there was very noisy
Bathroom smelt of damp and grouting etc needed redoing
Power showers were noisy so I knew when other residents were showering
Breakfast was OK but would have liked more tomato or some mushrooms or beans
Coffee in room was Nescafe 3 in 1 - Yeukkk!

Positives
House was clean
Staff were very pleasant
Bedroom was spacious with plenty of electric points
Bedroom & bathroom had opening windows
Plenty of good quality teabags, milk & sugar in room
Good strong coffee at breakfast and as much of that and bread/toast as you wanted

Overall it wasn't bad value for a city B&B and is vefry convenient for buses

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JaneMannion
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed here from the 31st August until the 3rd September. There was myself and 3 friends on a weekend break for my birthday. The staff at the guesthouse were fantastic, very helpful and friendly. When they found out it was my birthday they even brought me a candle and a chocolate at breakfast.

The rooms were clean and tidy, beds made etc each day and you were not advised on any times you had to be in or out they just worked round you.

The owner Margaret was very nice and polite, when she found out we had lost our case at the airport she checked if we needed anything (toothpaste etc). She also met the courier when our case was delivered and put it in our room so we didn't have to wait round.

If your eating out I would highly recommend the pub along the road The Yacht, again very friendly staff, reasonably priced and the food was amazing, especially the Sunday Carvery.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank VWSUE
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the ferry view from the 5th may to 7th.
The hotel is 20 mins from the airport and cost 23 euros. The hotel is very clean and staff are friendly although the odd one doesn't understand English sense of humour. The breakfast is ok but if you are a bigger eater you would need to fill up with cereals, toast and of course the Irish breakfast. There are a lot of English telly channels and some sky. There is wifi in the lounge area.
The local bus 130 stops just across the road and costs 1 euro 90 tithe terminus in Dubli.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Renno2355
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My girlfriend and I started and ended our 16 day ireland trip at The Ferryview. Our first day staying here was intimidating being unfamiliar with our surroundings but within one day because of the location of The Ferryview we felt like we had grown up in Dublin ! Bus 130 into Dublin centre is right outside the door and the Dublin Hop on Hop off buses which bring you to Dublins attractions are only a 5 minute walk from bus 130's final stop. The room's are clean and the breakfast and staff and the owner Margaret were wonderful. Everything Margaret suggested from the Irish dinner and dance in Howth to dinner at Clontarf Castle were perfect. We finished our vacation's last 3 days here and it was like returning home !

• Stayed: April 2012