“New Year's Eve fine dining”
Review of The Pig's Ear

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve fine dining”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked through the Fitzwilliam Hotel Concierge prior to travel to Dublin. They could not have picked a better venue for a New Year's Eve dinner. Food was excellent and staff helpful and friendly.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ardsley, New York
“Great meal in city center”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My son and I were visiting Dublin over Christmas break and decided to treat ourselves to a nice night out. We went to Pig's Ear and it was worth every euro we spent ($95 for two of us). The atmosphere is understated but lovely, and the waitstaff was extremely attentive but not obtrusive. The whole meal was delicious from our appetizers of Irish smoked salmon and mushroom soup to our entrees of Shephard's Pie and Beef Cheek and Tongue. For dessert we shared a scrumptious chocolate tart that was just decadent. With a nice glass of red wine it was just about a perfect night out in this friendly city. I definitely would recommend it.

Kent UK
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Four of us visited for dinner mid December and had a most enjoyable meal. We all had different orders of starters and mains and each was superb. Very good wine list and rare these days it was served a correct temperature. Attention paid to service was appreciated.The only slight downside was that it was rather noisy, but most tables were full and there were a lot of 'office do's' going on. Would highly recommend.

Santa Monica, California
“Great food, great service and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

When my wife and I discovered 'The Winding Stair' was closed for the holidays, we were pretty disappointed. The concierge at our hotel recommended we try The Pig's Ear and assured us a very similar experience.

We easily found the neon pink door entrance to the restaurant and walked upstairs to the restaurant. It immediately struck me as one of the typical 'trendy' restaurants you'd see in LA/SF/NY. One large seating area and kitchen area off to the side.

The wine list was spectacular, I immediately found a favourite grand cru burgundy from Gevrey Chambertin and thought it was a great price-point. When it arrived, it was noticeably corked. The sommelier certainly agreed with us and immediately brought another bottle which was fine. We noticed they were passing the first pour he had given us among the waitstaff to demonstrate what corked wine smelled like!

I can't remember specifically what we had but pretty sure I had the pork shoulder and my wife most likely had the shepherd's pie. Everything was delicious. Fabulous, unpretentious service and certainly one of our favourites in Dublin.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank kiwifoto
carrick on suir
“good food ,but not good value.”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a 2 course lunch from the Christmas menu , nice well cooked and presented food , but the main course vegetable's were ridiculously small - 1 baby carrot , 2 sprigs of kale and a spoon of potatoes .would have happily paid the same price for a more generous / customer friendly main course , I didn't mention it at the time (should have) but did contact to give my opinion (no reply).
good restaurant though , would like to try for dinner.