“Coffee followed by Lunch.....”
Review of Knights Bar

Knights Bar
Ranked #354 of 2,728 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$26 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were in Dublin and meeting our friend who had stayed at the Clontarf before flying back to America that day.
We firstly ordered coffees around 10.45am and sat and chatted for some time before our friend had to leave for the airport.
We then stayed for lunch.
We found the service very pleasing. The blond lady (sorry I don't remember her name!) was very helpful. We both had the carvery for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our meal with little to no room for dessert. Prices were reasonable in our view.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been a patron of Clontarf Castle for about 10 years now and feel their food standards in bar & carvery have definitely gone downhill. Staff are polite but service is pretty poor. I think they are just very understaffed. One of my main gripes about meeting friends or clients for lunch here is that it's such an ordeal to get a table. A lot of people tend to hog the better tables and are not actually dining. Then you arrive and have to sit at a tiny table in the middle of a busy dining/bar area. I just feel it was a lot better in the past. The ambience and decor is marvellous though. I have never stayed overnight but I often receive emails with special offers and they seem excellent value. I would recommend anyone to book one but definitely make a reservation in Templars Restaurant rather than rely on the bar/carvery food. Perhaps if you were on holiday you would have much more time and be more relaxed.

1  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went for Sunday lunch here and decided to try the carvery menu. The portion was very small and at €13.50 was very expensive for what i got. I also asked for a pint of mi-wadi organge and was charged €1.10 for this.......was shocked! The restaurnat was full and there was nowhere to sit so ended up sitting at the bar. The pint glass was chipped and cracked and when i asked for a new one the staff member grunted at me.
I did not enjoy my experience here and for what i payed i honestly felt robbed. Will not be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The Guinness pie was a hit and the other meals were terrific. The stay at the Clontarf Castle was amazing as well. Michael Byrne, our concierge, was terrific in his suggestions on how/what to see in Dublin. The rest of the staff was cheerful and accommodating to our needs.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

You couldn't fault the Castle for a wedding or any function really Staff are great food great and the architecture true to the castle