“Best in Dundrum”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Best in Dundrum”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The first time I ate in Harvey Nichols restaurant it felt like they were aiming for haut cuisine. Their aspirations seem to have lowered a bit since then but the food is still very good. The dining room is pleasant and while the service isn't super professional, it's still satisfactory. On a good day they have the best food in Dundrum.

• Visited May 2013

“A Classic Meal”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I availed of the early bird here on a Friday evening a couple of weeks back. Normally a punter like me would be scared off by the prices associated with HN but we were armed with a gift voucher and after reviewing the early bird menu online thought we'd gift it a whirl. Glad we did. We arrived before the restaurant was open so decided to have a cocktail in the adjoining bar. The friendly hostess was effortless and exact in her serving up of a delicious cosmopolitan for my wife and a mouth tingling margarita for myself. Then into the open, light filled restaurant area where we were seated at a table overlooking the "Pemboke District" and Dundrum Village. The spacious, relaxed atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff made us feel like we were guests rather than customers. The food was superb. For starters my partner had the fish cakes which were delicious and I had the goats cheese dish which was nice though I do like my goat's cheese a bit stronger. I used to be the opposite finding goat's cheese too overpowering but now I can't get it strong enough it seems. It was a nice dish though. For the main my wife went for the chicken supreme and I went for the entrecote style steak with peppercorn sauce and chunky chips. The best peppercorn sauce I've ever had I think. The portion sizes were just right for us. To drink we had a bottle of the house Malbec which was excellent. For desert ? Well as we're not really "deserty" types we went for the liquid finish ... an Irish coffee each. These were the amongst the best we had ever had anywhere. The waiter, when serving up the coffees, told us the storey of how the Irish coffee was invented ... but that's for another day. Overall we had a fine meal and a really great experience at this restaurant. It was so good in fact we'd definitely consider doing the early bird again even ... shock horror ... without a gift voucher.

Dublin, Ireland
“food average but nice room vibe.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

i have heard a lot about this place and i decided to give it a go as i was hungry. the soup of the day was butternut squash which was fantastic and for my mains to stay with a simple choice of fish and chips. the fish was cooked to perfection but my dish was ruined by the large sides of sauce.
a nice glass of wine and water brought my bill up to e40 plus e5 tip. a very basic dish and wonderful room vibe but a very average meal considering so much choice in the area.

Dublin, Ireland
“Could have been on the Costa del Sol”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Lunch today "in the great outdoors". Lovely short menu for a hot sunny afternoon. Not the cheapest, but good value for the total offering. Very helpful staff, knowledgeable and courteous.

“Great cocktail treat!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you are out for dinner in Dundrum and are looking for the perfect after dinner drink, the Bar in Harvey Nichols is the place to go. Professional and friendly bar staff making the drinks the right way. My favourite is an Old Fashioned and the guys there build it very nicely indeed. The drinks are priced accordingly - its not cheap but its good value.

• Visited February 2013