“Great place for brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Novo - CLOSED

Cafe Novo
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Whether you take a table or sit tight at the bar, wherever you find yourself in Cafe Novo, you will always find it deliciously relaxed.Good food, classic dishes cooked with passion!Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch.
Galway, Ireland
“Great place for brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were staying in The Westbury and to lazy to get up for breakfast. Went down to Cafe Novo for brunch ( it's an all day cafe with breakfast, brunch, lunch etc). Lovely staff , great service and a perfect menu. Children loved selection of pastries and hot chocolate , I had fantastic eggs Benedict and I saw a delicious looking hamburger ( if you want that for breakfast!) . Really nice ambiance. This is on my 'return to' list!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“... food is only okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We had to flag down wait staff to ask for water, wine and food. Food took long enough to come out, which was weird because it wasn't that busy, distinctly average is how would describe our meal. was ok......not great, not in any huge rush to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“An oasis in the City Centre where you can enjoy amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The first thing you can sense when you walk in to this warm restaurant is the friendly and welcoming staff. They make your visit very enjoyable and kindly attend to your questions and dining needs. If you're like me and you're the most indecisive foodie i.e I think I'll have the pork, no actually the hake, no the pork! They will talk you through all dishes to ensure you enjoy your meal. And now to start gushing... The food! So so delicious to the point where you're disappointed to have finished the last bite. I certainly left Novo knowing I'd had a very pleasant evening and have recommended to all I know. It's great for family gatherings I had my graduation dinner here and would not have picked anywhere else.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 157grainne_h
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is the best place in Dublin for a several reasons. 1. Staff are very attentive, polite and very professional all the time. 2. Good food and drink. 3. Great place to relax 4. My partner and I were in one day and we both ordered soup. We were in no hurry but the order got delayed. The staff were apologetic and when we went to pay the manager said it was on the house. We hadn't complained; they gave it to us free because it fell below their standards. 5. We brought my partner’s Mother (Anne) in for Mother's Day. There was a free glass of Prosecco for her and the service, meal and drink was excellent. 6. And this is the main reason that this the best place in Dublin. Anne was on her way to meet her two sisters in Cafe Novo. On her way someone robbed her wallet. She was a little shook when she arrived and she explained what happened to her sisters and a member of staff overheard. They had their lunch and drinks and when they went to pay the manager not only gave Anne her lunch for free but the two sisters as well to make up for Anne’s bad luck. A touch of class that is rarely heard of these days. Everybody should treat themselves to Café Novo. Chapeau

• Visited September 2013
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Cafe Novo. Good Food Good Wine Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at the Westbury Hotel and Cafe Novo is the Brasserie on the Ground Floor. The Restaurant is medium sized, quite informal and spacious with roomy tables.
Service was attentive without being intrusive.
The menu has about 8-10 choices for starters about the same for lighter mains and the same again for more filling choices and about 6-8 desserts.
We had a sharing starter of mixed olives, hummus and bread which was excellent.
For main I had a burger which was well prepared, generously sized, moist and delicious. Had cut chips hot and crisp were good too.
My wife had Fish & Chips and the Fish portion was huge far more than she could eat and delicious.
The wine list was not extensive but well chosen to match the food choices and also very keenly priced in my opinion.
We had no room left for dessert but looking at other people eating theirs we did not notice any disappointment.
For an informal Dinner I think Cafe Novo is an excellent choice and you would not leave disappointed.

Visited November 2013