“Fresh, authentic, quality Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bottega Toffoli

Bottega Toffoli
Ranked #640 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
dublin, ireland
“Fresh, authentic, quality Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I've eaten Pizza in Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, but the pizza I had at Toffoli is quite honesly the best pizza I have EVER had. Definitely order a starter because everything is made from scratch, so it's nice to have something to nibble on while the mains are being created. We had antipastino and everything was just so so fresh! You can see them slicing the meats freshly and the bread was delicious. For mains we had one pizza which was smothered in various meats and it had the most perfectly thin base and one Prawn disc which I was told was delicious too, but didn't taste it. Don't normally bother with desserts but we shared a Tiramisu which put every previous Tiramisu we've ever had, to shame! The restaurant itself is small, but in a nice way! There are mismatched chairs which looks nice and relaxed and goes with the general feel of the place. It was bright and airy. I think there were about 8 tables inside and a few little ones outside which would be lovely for stopping for a coffee. It's very close to Dublin Castle and Dame Street, so it's pretty handy when you're sightseeing. There are other Italian places nearby, but the food, service and the atmosphere were really perfect here and we'll definitely be going back - you really get a sense that they are all about quality.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank 9x9

Dublin, Ireland
“Tiny place with a big heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had 2 x pizzas with wine and the bill was close to €40. Pizzas were fabulous, lovely and crispy with nice toppings. The waiter was very friendly.

It is certainly much better than the some of the Italian restaurants in the neighbourhood.
However, the place is quite small, so might be best to phone ahead.

In the words of Arnie "I'll be back"!

• Visited August 2012
dublin,ireland
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I almost literally stumbled across this tiny Italian restaurant after attending an exhibition opening in the nearby Ebow Gallery two weeks ago. As it was after 10 o clock, initially we were told that they were only serving pizzas, but seeing the disappointed expressions on our faces, the owner/cook Carlo kindly offered to extend his working day to cook spaghetti gambas for two of us. Boy were we glad - the most juicy, succulent prawns I have had in any Dublin restaurant and perfectly cooked pasta. The pizzas proved a hit too - good thin, crispy base and fresh good quality toppings. We chose Cannonau from the short list of three reds and three whites. It complemented both the pizzas and the fish dishes as it was not too full bodied and very smooth, good value at 26 euros. We were served with great charm and good humour by the lovely Brazilian waiter Dario.
Hubbie and I decided to return this week - to see if our first impressions were correct and not influenced by the gallery hospitality we had enjoyed before visiting the restaurant the previous week! It was a rare sunny evening and the menu reflected the Mediterranean mood with fresh sardines and squid linguine on offer. Both were delicious - the sardines grilled perfectly and served with grilled aubergine and peppers on some lovely Irish grown rocket and the squid tender and tasty. On both occasions, the seafood dishes were as good as those I enjoyed last summer in Sicily and southern Italy. If you have a sweet tooth, the tiramisu was yummy.
Carlo told us that he has been in business here for 8 years - first as a shop, then as an even tinier restaurant and most recently as the newly' hugely expanded' eatery - about 20 seats! Despite this I had been unaware of it. Because of it's location on Castle Street, which is the little street behind Dame Street running from Dublin Castle to opposite Burdocks, I had never passed by. As stated in other reviews, it is unprepossessing in appearance, but don't let this put you off. It is all about the food here. It reminds me of a restaurant in Trapani which was recommended to me and when I saw the exterior I thought ' this can't be the right place ' - plastic chairs, plastic menus and positioned beside a garage - but it served the most amazing food.
The pizzas in Toffoli are priced from 11 euro. The pasta dishes are from 18 to 25 euro and whereas there are lots of set menus to be got in Dublin for around the same price, a lot of them offer the same dishes and it seems to be cooking by numbers. If you fancy something more authentic - simple well sourced fresh food cooked with passion and served in convivial surroundings with a real neighbourhood feel, drop in to this lovely little restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank goggsDublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We went here despite one or two reviews saying the service was poor. In fact service is excellent, we both has bruscetti for starters at only 2.80 per portion. also two glasses of white italian wine and a Pizza each. The total bill for two was 37.00 euro. Desserts were a touch expensive at 8.50 and we didn't bother. its a fairly small Restaurant and slightly off the tourist trail but its not hard to find its on Castle Street right beside Dublin Castle.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank caseyjonesDublin
Bergen, Norway
“Fantastic italien food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Visited Dublin with two friends and went to this restaurant as it was recommended in the Lonely Planet Dublin book that I had taken with me. We ordered three different pizza that we shared. They all tasted great, we couldn't decide which was the best. Our conclusion: these were the best pizza that we had tasted ever!

If you come by this restaurant, don't be fooled of it looking small and the interior a bit boring and old. The food speaks for it self. You will be in for a pleasant experience!

• Visited April 2012