“Italian food at its best”
Review of IL VICOLETTO

IL VICOLETTO
Ranked #63 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Please Note that we're open 7 days a week despite any hours published on this forum .We strongly recommend you to visit our website ,as on our website any information is correct.For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address .Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( i.E online websites featuring restaurants including this forum also) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly with accurate and detailed contact informations. Regards , the management
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked this restaurant after having read reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We received a warm welcome from a very attentive staff and the food was excellent. This is real traditional Italian food and we highly recommend the tiramisu! Overall, a great dining experience worth five stars apart from the music in the background being a bit too loud

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited Il Vicoletto with friends recently and was pleasantly surprised. From the moment we arrived service was warm and friendly. This restaurant serves traditional Italian fare. The house wine was very nice and worked well with starters and main courses. Wine and water glasses were topped up by the attentive staff. Look forward to a return visit to Il Vicoletto.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

For me, the 3 crunch questions to be asked after you've visited a restaurant you thought you enjoyed are (1) would you come here again?, (2) would you invite valued Family Members to come here?, and (3) would you bring your "Best Friends" here? In the case of "Il Vicoletto", we had visited more than once as a couple, and we had entertained Family + In-laws there ("a hidden gem" was their comment). Now I was pushing things a stage further by inviting really good friends (who know a lot more about food than I do!) to join me for dinner at this Crow Street venue - let's call them the Lawyer, the Mediator and (worryingly) the Italian Expert.

I shouldn't have been surprised - but I was understandably relieved - when we had an absolutely excellent evening, notable not just for the warm conversation that old friends usually engage in, but also for the great food and outstanding service recognised and enjoyed by all the company!

Wisely (this restaurant is quite compact), we booked a few weeks in advance, and our Host, Cristian allocated us a well-positioned table in a window alcove. From the start, we were well looked after. Our "Mediator" friend likes to "perform" a little when it comes to selecting wines, and we all enjoyed the way Cristian diplomatically handled, and responded to, a request for Sicilian options, while also offering similarly-priced alternatives. Let's just say, we started with the Sicilian varieties (the "Regaleali Bianco Sicilia" was superb), and as the evening progressed, moved-on to some of Cristian's suggestions - all were rated highly by our little group, including, it must be said, our "Mediator" friend.

Our varying food choices were also rated highly - for example, the Lawyer commended the Calamari Starter, and to my great delight, a "Special Starter" of the night (a "Burrata and Bresaola" dish) was deemed "absolutely outstanding" by our "Italian Expert" - high praise indeed from someone who genuinely knows his way around Italy and its food, but doesn't bore you with his knowledge. When it came to Mains, some chose Fish, others Meat dishes -in my case, I once again enjoyed the well-judged flavoursome (veal) "Scalopine alla Romana" - delicious!

As we savoured the food, wines and ambiance, and chatted about old and current times, I particularly noted how good Cristian + his team are at providing attentive, but not intrusive service. As a Host, Cristian is particularly remarkable in that he not only appreciates your custom and is attentive to all his guests, but more especially, he actually takes great pleasure in seeing you enjoy your evening at his establishment!

And the verdict of my Friends : "a great choice of venue - we hope to be back". What more could I ask? Thanks Cristian and your team!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for an Italian restaurant, and found Il Vicoletto on trip advisor. We dropped by during the day to see if we could book a table for the evening, we could. We arrived at the restaurant that evening, and what a surprise, what a atmosphere, what a dinner. You just had the feeling you where at a restaurant in Rome, you could hear Italian at some of the tables, the waiters had the Italian accent. We're ordered our food and drinks and just enjoyed the authentic atmosphere. When our starters arrived we were not disappointed, it was out of this world, tasted really good. Our main and dessert were exactly the same, the best Italian food we ever had outside Rome. We left the restaurant after a fantastic experience and agreed quickly that we will definitely come back on our next trip to Dublin. This is a must Italian experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We celebrated my 50th birthday here last week - and it was a great place to spend it.
The food was divine, we love/live Italian food, my mother is Italian, and the menu here ticked every box - great ingredients, beautifully cooked, and presented very attractively.

All of that was topped by great service and care from Christian and his team,

All in all a fantastic evening, and we'll be back next time we're in Dublin !

All the dishes we had were great, but the caramelised pear and Tallegio risotto was to die for, the T-bone steaks were very good, and the calamari was just the best I've ever had,,,,