“mrs bucket”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Please Note that we're open 7 days a week despite any hours published on this forum .We strongly recommend you to visit our website ,as on our website any information is correct.For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address .Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( i.E online websites featuring restaurants including this forum also) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly with accurate and detailed contact informations. Regards , the management
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had dinner here last night , had been couple times before , the food was gorgeous , recommend the rack of lamb , everyone loved the food and wine and gorgeous coffee , staff were great , and ambeince was nice , will be going back very soon . . will recommend to friends . .

1  Thank Ang m
There are newer reviews for IL VICOLETTO

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The resurant is small but have a very nice and warm atmozphere. We had dinner on Thursday and got a table right away. The steak was amazing and had a big portion but the pasta i ordered was very greasy and amost took over my entire dish. The prices was not cheap but okay.

2  Thank ElineNy23
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Visited here on a Monday evening. Loved the ambience, the service was also very good. We eat Italian food a lot, and holiday there most summers, and maybe the other reviews made my expectations too high....but I thought the food was just good, not amazing. We had calamari to start which was OK. I had the spaghetti with clams, which was fine. My son had the ragu, which he said was also good. My husband had the chicken supreme, which was a little disappointing. Good wine list as mentioned before.
I would recommend it, we had a nice meal, but I have had better.

1  Thank Geraldine M
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Three of us visited on a busy Saturday night. Whist we were initially placed at a very small table we were moved to a larger table by the waiter before our main courses were served. Just as well as we were running out of plate space! That inconvenience aside we found the food very tasty, the staff attentive & friendly & we would have no hesitation in returning.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I went there to dinner with some friends (tourists) that come to see us on a friday night and I had great expectations!

One of the things that I didn't appreciate was the fact that the waiters that received us on the door told to one of my guest about his "dress code" (jeans and shirt).
I didn't saw wrote in any place that was a "dress code" for that little and cozy restaurant that I thought that had a relax and casual ambiance!
That was the only fact that I didn't appreciated.
We made our reservation by phone and we stayed next to the bar were they prepare the drinks.
The food was great and fresh (I chose the "Spaghetti with seafood", I think that was the name of the plate) and with good quality and variety or Italian wines (but expensive).
They have an impressive collection of wines!
Very good tiramisù!
Try and see for your self if you like Italian food!

trovatofoodproject, Owner at IL VICOLETTO, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello Rita, many thanks for your effort in trying to promote our restaurant and bringing up all the positive aspects during your meal in our place. Much appreciated. However I must respond and rectify one aspect of your opinion in regards of our ,,request on dress code''. WE HAVE NO DRESS CODE , WE NEVER HAD ONE ! I believe you're mixing up the experience with some other place , it is impossible that anyone , especially the waitress which is my sister , that would ever comment nevermind objecting on anyone the way is dressed. I did answered few days ago, and both your comment and answer was taken off from here for few days , and said then that for as long as your appearance does not interfere or upset anyone around you ( i.e indecent exposure ) we wont object ever. I had to respond in this clear manner since we received personal emails asking if we really have a dress code. It is confusing and misleading to invoke this ,,dress code policy'' . WE JUST DON'T HAVE AND NEVER HAD DRESS CODE POLICY.WE ARE CASUAL, INFORMAL , AND I, AS OWNER ,OFTEN WORK IN JEANS AND SHIRT, IT'S COOL AND IT LOOKS GOOD ON ME :) ...Best regards , Cristian from Vicoletto