“not up to normal standard.”
Review of Lucyswell B&B

Lucyswell B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Lucyswell B&B
Ranked #111 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“not up to normal standard.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is an honest critical and constructive appraisal (I am a builder so it is mainly from this position that i am commenting) I stayed one night recently ,everything was clean and tidy with a good breakfast with all the usual food provided.Room to front can be noisy,no soap.WATER PRESSURE was non existent a dribble ,a booster pump is an absolute essential here,plumber you are a disgrace ,a few nice shelves in bathroom would be very beneficial.The lady had nothing to say ,if you are going to involve yourself with the public you must be able to interact .Get these basic requirements sorted.Other guests ,did you not use any water?

Room Tip: Rooms to road can be noisy if you come from the quiet counry
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed in Lucyswell B&B in June this year, as a treat to myself, as I wanted to spend my Birthday in Dublin, which is where my family are from & is a 2nd home to me.

I was met by a charming Lady, who went out of her way to cook a proper Irish Breakfast for Me, as I had arrived early in the Morning & at a very reasonable price, I then retired to my room. which had a En-suite bathroom, a Double Bed, Coloured Tv & plenty of space to put my clothes, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities & the room was maintained all through My stay.

I was Greeted by the Owner Weldon, who was a very charming Man & went out of his way to make me very welcome, he informed me that there was a Tesco Store within walking distance & a bus stop right outside of the B&B that went straight into the heart of Dublin City Centre.

I would definitely stay here again, especially when returning to Ireland to do further Family Research as it is well worth the money.

Room Tip: I was at the front of the B&B on the ground floor & I never had any problems.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in lucyswell this month after attending party nearby. Fantastic place, very homely, friendly and welcoming service, great quality bed for a good sleep, very pleasant place to stay. Breakfast of very good standard.

• Stayed August 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

stayed here a few times and its a fantastic place to stay.cheap as chips
great breakfast included.rooms come either with en suite or u share with maybe one other room.only 9 rooms so it isnt crowded at all and they have own tv tea/coffee and are clean and well presented too
not far from dublin airport.and only 10/15 mins into town centre by bus
owner is a character,very irish with a wealth of stories and full of the craic lol

Room Tip: busy road but quiet at night.so maybe rooms at the back are best
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank robertdow66
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Lucyswell is an absolutly lovely little B&B a little bit out of town, but the bus stops are very close and you will be in the town in around 20 minutes. Welton is a nice helpful person, the breakfast was great, the room smal but clean and modern. I came in and felt like home. I`ll go to Dublin next year again I know, where I will stay again... Better then every Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PegsLee
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Even though it is out of town, it was easy to travel into Dublin by bus. The bus stop is very closeby. The host was helpful and friendly but works during the day. The room and breakfast were great but you need to know that if you arrive outside of working hours, you need to make arrangements for the keys. I loved Dublin and in some ways it was good staying out of the city, especially as it is close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynda R
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

If staying in Dublin is your plan this is not for you. The room was small but otherwise very nice, clean and modern. The friendly service was very good - they were helpful in arranging an early breakfast (continental only) for our early departure and booking a taxi to the ferry terminal for us. However, it felt as if we were in the middle of nowhere. We were able to catch a bus easily from the airport but the area was not particularly nice and the only place to eat within walking distance was closing as we arrived which was fairly early in the evening. You could probably organise a bus into Dublin but there are equally good places to stay in Dublin that would have suited us better. The B&B does a lovely job for where it is, just not where we would have liked it to be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple