Shantalla Lodge B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeaumont hospitalclose to the airportdublin airportlocal transportationwelcoming staybed and breakfasthot and cold optionsminute bus rideearly departurebeyond the call of dutycity centrefresh fruitboutique hotelsingle bedirish breakfastideal locationthree nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was the 1st B&B we have ever stayed in so we didn't know what to expect. Coming from Australia we relied on Tripadvisor reviews and we certainly were not disappointed. Shantalla Lodge is very close to the airport and only a couple of minutes walk to the bus stop for the city. The lodging is very clean, tidy and well appointed. Parking is available, there are shops across the road and breakfasts are delicious. WiFi reception is good. Host Moira is the most genuine, lovely, helpful person and we simply can't express our thanks enough. Nothing was too much trouble for her (and thanks to Keith for helping us move the car).

We were in Britain for a month and stayed at quite a few excellent B&B's but this one was the best. 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wynnuman
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our daughter and I stayed for one night at this perfect B&B. It is easy to find, even by bus. Close to the airport and you can take the same bus to the city. The room was very cosy. The bed very fine. Internet is fast and the breakfast delicious. Moira is a very good host.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment I arrived to a welcoming cup of tea and biscuits to the moment I left to a warm farewell, it was a delightful experience. Very nicely refurbished home with modern amenities, excellent home cooked breakfasts and fresh, warm Irish soda bread from the bakery across the street fetched by Keith each morning. Full Irish breakfast, vegetarian breakfast, and European style continental breakfast, with fresh tomatoes, cheese, and ham.

Immaculately kept home. Keith calls Moira a neat freak and it shows in the cheerful dining room and homey bedrooms.

Moira and Keith are very helpful with directions and advice. Centre town is easy to reach on one bus but centre town traffic is always congested.

Shantalla Lodge and Moira and Keith's hospitality made my first visit to Dublin a delightful experience.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a bit of street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank midlifetravellers
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If I was to describe this place in one sentence it would have been: shantalla Lodge - you wont find a better place.
I stayed there a few times, only now, after having a bad experience somewhere else, i really appreciated how brilliant Shantalla is! From the modern and clean rooms, to fantastic host and amazing food. You really feel special there. It is nearly too good to be true!!!!!

Room Tip: I dont think you could get it wrong with Shantalla. Every room I had was amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Shantalla Lodge in the Clontarf area of Dublin for 5 days, and very much enjoyed our stay. The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the family who owned it were very welcoming. Excellent breakfast which filled you up for the day. I would particularly recommend the soda bread which she served. I also found that Moira was very knowledgeable about Dublin, could answer all our questions, and particularly helpful regarding the buses which went from a stop just a few yards away. Moira was so obliging that when she found out that I was lactose intolerant she went and bought some dairy free spread for me.

Room Tip: We were in a room at the front which was very comfortable, but there was some noise from traffic which we are not used to, room at the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple