“Poor Value”
Review of Pichet

Pichet
Reserve with OpenTable
Pichet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,616 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Poor Value”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went with business colleagues for Dinner.
Nice looking Restaurant although we were stuck in the corner despite it being pretty empty.
Waiting staff were hard to understand as their English was poor, but very pleasant.
It was the food that was really disappointing. Had one of their Daily Specials as a starter - scallops with black pudding and sweet corn but the taste was overwhelmed by a strange "sauce" which we weren't sure what it was.
Mains were described as Rare Breed Pork Chop but it was effectively a gammon steak covered in what tasted of a BBQ Sauce - dreadful.
Although not paying personally, I saw the Bill and thought it outrageous for the quality of food we had.
Would not return anytime soon.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Leigh F

• Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Tried the early bird as which allows you to have the table till 7.30pm, which was fair. It was very inexpensive considering the style of restaurant and its location. There was a few choices of starters and mains to choose from, with a good variety. Flavours were excellent, presentation was superb and the staff were very friendly. Had the loire, sauvignon blanc, house wine which was supberb, almost like a New Zealand style wine, highly recommend that. Overall a lovely experience and we will be back.

• Visited August 2014
Dublin
“Very Good”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Diner here on Saturday the food was very very good. Wine a bit expensive and the service was also very good. Our waiter was very attentive could not fault the night.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DublinMiller
“Fantastic. ”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

On the back of some great reviews for this restaurant I booked a table for lunch with a couple of friends. We were not disappointed. We opted for the 3 course set menu, but we did enjoy middle courses from the a la carte as we were torn between them. Coupled with 2 very good bottles of white Burgundy, I must say I haven't quite enjoyed food as much in some time. My country terrine was superb as was my main of chicken, I did get a bit of food envy though when I saw the porchetta!! We shared the steak tartar with crispy hens egg and also the rare seared tuna in between starters and mains, both were absolutely stunning. I definately recommend these dishes. Dessert of local strawberries with sorbet and cream was the perfect end to my meal and washed down with a glass of Muscat. Can't wait to go back.

Europe
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful meal here with friends. Service was attentive and very friendly. Food was excellent - had tomatoes and mozzarella for starter and cod for the main. My friends had scallops for starter. All were excellent. A good selection of wines also. Location is great also. I hope to be back soon.

• Visited July 2014