“Service with Attitude”

Ranked #1,333 of 2,546 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$25 - US$74
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Ballsbridge within walking distance of Dublin City Centre, The Restaurant stands as one of the most established restaurants in Ballsbridge. Loved by local residents and corporate clientele alike, it has become a popular spot for family celebrations, romantic evening meals and those important working lunches.
Silverado, California
“Service with Attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we first arrived in Dublin, we were tired and hungry and went to the first restaurant we could find which, unfortunately, was the Ballsbridge Brasserie. My steak and chips were overpriced, but acceptable. My wife's fish cakes were really fishy, indicating the fish wasn't fresh. She sent it back after one bite. The waiter returned and told us "the chef disagrees with you." I reminded him that we, and not the chef, were the customers. He continued to argue with us, leaving reluctantly to get my wife another dish. He tried to charge us for the more expensive fish cakes instead of the dish my wife ultimately dined on. If you arrive tired and hungry like we did, eat a candy bar and wait for breakfast . . . elsewhere.

Visited May 2014

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“For the building the price is nothing! So cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

When you arrive here you are met with an outstanding building with spacious rooms and a good atmosphere! The hotel is easily accessed to the city centre by bus and we paid 45 pound a night each which is so cheap for this lovely hotel :)

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

absolutely love this place, so relaxing, great spot to go before heading into town yet its just outside the town too so if ya fancy a relaxing evening your not stuck in the mayhem of the city, the food is delicious and service is very good, the grounds are my favourite part, we had dinner and then got to have a lovely relaxing stroll around the grounds afterwards.

• Visited April 2014
Dublin
“Very enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

On Sat. 3rd May my husband and I had a most enjoyable evening with lovely food and wine in this very friendly restaurant. The monkfish was just wonderful!

• Visited May 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Deserted bleak eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

As a hotel guest I’d pre-booked dinner in the Brasserie Restaurant, but at first could find it, thinking the busy and buzzing ‘Tom’s Bar’ was it, but sadly, no it wasn’t. The Brasserie was down a corridor to the left and was virtually empty. The few guests were in a narrow strip of rather tight seating at the back of the restaurant.
The service and the food both did well. Three courses were more than enough. If there were to be a next time I’d go for 2 courses only. In reality, if I stay here again I’ll eat in the lively bar, not this dead restaurant.

• Visited April 2014