“One of the best in Malahide”
Review of Ciao Restaurant

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I've been to Ciao on several occasions over the past couple of years and every time it delivers the goods. The menu is very imaginative with plenty of choice and daily specials. Last time I had a delicious crab selection followed by a perfectly cooked piece of fillet beef. All presented with a twist and flair that matches anything around. I didn't have dessert but they certainly looked superb and my espresso was perfect. Add in the wonderful view, pleasant and professional staff and great atmosphere, and you get one of the best restaurants in Malahide, which given the competition, is no mean feat.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

The service was very friendly and when you sit down they bring out water and olives and cheese to nibble on which is a nice touch. I ordered the fish specail which was John Dory, priced on the blackboard at €22.95 - when the bill came it was down as €24. 95. The presentation was excellent, the plate looked great but the fish was overcooked and the entire dish was fairly tasteless though not objectionable. They must have a different pastry chef as the dessert was one of the best I'd ever tasted - a rhubarb granita with vanilla pannacotta and rhubarb compote with icecream - all homemade and delicious although not cheap at €8.95. Still would prefer this to the usual bought in stuff you get in many places these days. I would go again but next time will order a simple pasta dish and indulge in one of the fab desserts.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

We booked the Early Bird (before 7) and were not disappointed. Good menu and beautifully cooked and presented food. We did not feel under any obligation to hurry either and had a lovely view of the sea while we ate. This restaurant is not large so it feels quite intimate.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Went to this restaurant yesterday.Yes, the views were lovely, decor nice but the food and service were not up to scratch.
The set menu of 3 courses, a Mother's day special was 29.95. Rather pricey for a special, but I had high hopes.
We had 3 children with us, at 7.95 for a children's main (one of the choices was pasta with a tomato sauce, so a good mark-up for the restaurant). There were no drinks or ice-creams included.
We waited a long time in between courses, the portions were small, and my main dish was rather tasteless, one of our party didn't eat theirs at all. we had to ask for a water top-up. One of the waitresses was very off-hand and unfriendly. Maybe this was due to the large number of people in there and a minimum staff quota
A very disappointing visit to a restaurant that I certainly won't be going back to

Reviewed 5 October 2009

We went there on Wednesday for early bird menu which they serve all night. It was a wonderful experience. Nice décor, cream colour leather armchairs and soft blue light which gives the place a little bit of marine atmosphere.The food was excellent and the price amazing for this fine food. For the starter we had bruschetta and ham salad. I would especially recommend the salad.For the mains we had chicken and vegetarian pasta. My husband loved the chicken while the pasta was just superb. It was served with spinach, baby peas and pine nuts. The taste was just amazing. The deserts were beautifully decorated and served: both chocolate gateau and mango and passion fruit cheesecake. I need to mention that the mains are really big portions and I only ate half of my pasta. The service was nice . Oh, and beautiful views of Malahide marina. Definitely will be coming back!