“Fabulous family day out!”

Clara Lara Fun Park
Ranked #98 of 532 things to do in Dublin
Limavady, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous family day out!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing park, my kids aged 7 and 8 had a ball. Kids loved the swimming in the lake and water slide . Views and walks are fab, so much to do . Will def return .

Visited July 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day at Clara Lara”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were a bit concerned after reading some reviews here. Clara lara is a fantastic spot, we stated locally at druids glen and had a brilliant day with two young children. Great value, a superb spot especiAlly in great weather. Will return !&

Visited July 2014
Dublin
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Fun in the sun at Clara Lara”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I visited Clara Lara last Sunday with 8 year old son, his best friend, my boyfriend and my best friend, we had a fantastic day, we were lucky and the sun shining down on us all day. We were there at about 2.30 which is a bit late if you need to barbeque but fortunately a lovely family from Iran shared bbq spot with us, we had a picnic blanket and my boyfriend who is a chef did a smashing bbq for us and we had lots fun picnicking on the blanket. There was so much to do for the boys, They had great fun exploring a pirate ship, then testing their rowing skills on a little lake with boats, then enjoyed lots of soccer. The atmosphere there is so much fun and being in the heart of Wicklow the Garden of Ireland you are spoilt for views. We were just beside a beautiful stream and the boys had access to a large playground with slides, a treehouse, swings and the works. The staff are so attentive to detail, keeping a good eye on the water areas at all times. There are go carts the kids can also go on which provide great entertainment. As we were leaving the staff are tidying up, but the place is kept spotless. The next time I visit I think the best idea is to go at 10.30 when it opens to enjoy the full day there and to get a good bbq spot. Such a wonderful Fun Park I would highly recommend it for a fabulous fun day out with the kids, family and friends. This is a place I will go back to over and over again.

2 Thank Aoife L
Shannon, Clare, Ireland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Clara Lara is a hidden gem only a stones throw from Rathdrum in Co.Wiklow.We went there knowing very little about the place so kept an open mind.
I must add that i have a team of smallies 4 year old,2 year old and a 5 month old.
To my surprise all my children were free at the entrance.Tickets for my wife and me were just 10 euro each.
On arrival we were greeted by a lovely girl who advised us to have a walk around the park to see if we could justify paying for wristbands which were an additional 9 euro per child.To be fair there is only a handful of things that require these and more geared to older kids i think.
The park itself is set in a beautiful location surrounded by trees.It is a place very well thought out all the lakes the kids play in are all man made and only 2 ft deep so you can roll up the pants and walk in the water with your kind who just love it.There are many ropes for children to swing across water along with a lovely open area with slides,a pirate ship and zip wires.
The things that require bands are boats,a big water slide and go carts.I just payed as i used and the boats cost 3 euro per boat.go carts cost 2 euro and i think the slide is 2 euro too.
There is a cafe on site offering coffee,drinks and chip shop type food which is very reasonable.
The main reason i rate this park so highly is the staff who are mainly students but after talking to them about there great manner and willingness to help and engage with the kids,i was told that it was drilled into them and they love working there(and it shows).I said to one guy that there sure was a lot of them there working to which he smiled and said"yea,we you know safety first".Music to any parents ears.
Because my son is only 2 going on 3 he was devistated that he couldn't go on the go carts which he called racing cars one of the staff came over and put him in a car and sat on the side of the car and held the pedal for him and i have to say it made my little boys week.Its so refreshing to meet so many great people in one place and i was so impressed with the staff that i went again the very next day.
I read on another review that the changing facilities were bad but i can tell you that they are adding to this all the time.I personally suggested that they should have a campsite to one of the staff and she said that she will say it to the management as they are always being asked what is the customer feedback.There is lovely heep sake t-shirts and goodies on sale at the entrance too
This is one of the best days out we have had with our kids in some time and its a bargin.
Your kids will love you for it,mine want to go back again.

4 Thank Johnos80
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day out”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited the park yesterday June 6th 2014, arrived to find multipal school tours on site, found out latter there was 800 children on site. Nevertheless we enjoyed our selves bought the season pass which was 80 euro and over all I concedered it a good value day out for my 6 and 11 year old. I must complement the staff who where excellent with the kids. I would recommend however it can be a bit chaotic.

1 Thank Belgardwolf