“Clara Lara day out”

Waterford, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Clara Lara day out”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Myself, husband and two children were staying in a holiday home in Rathdrum and decided to try Clara Lara for a day out. We didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised at how much there was to do there. You really need to look around if it's your first visit as we thought that we had seen it all when my husband and son 'stumbled upon' the waterslide and for the rest of the afternoon, my eleven year old daughter went on this at least twenty times! It's a very steep water slide which you access by carrying (or dragging) your board up a gravelly incline but the kids seem to think it's worth it! When you get to the top,you sit on your board and the girl pulls a lever, then off you go down the slide which has a little water on it to make the slide more slippery and fun. Do bring a picnic as there are lots of picnic tables and grassy areas to eat on. You can buy tea and coffee, Chips and donuts also seem to be good sellers. Oh, and get the armbands for €9 each. It gives you unlimited access to most of the rides which would otherwise cost you €2 each. The bands are well worth it. There's no carpark charge and it's situated right in the middle of the park if you need to go back and forth to the car. All in all, a great day and as I said, well worth the money especially if you bring your own food.

2 Thank bernie d

Dublin, Ireland
“Great day out”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

went here last week and we had a great day. My boys had an amazing time with all the different things to do. they particularly loved the huge water slide and the swimming. it was a great day out and we will defo be back

Limavady, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous family day out!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing park, my kids aged 7 and 8 had a ball. Kids loved the swimming in the lake and water slide . Views and walks are fab, so much to do . Will def return .

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day at Clara Lara”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were a bit concerned after reading some reviews here. Clara lara is a fantastic spot, we stated locally at druids glen and had a brilliant day with two young children. Great value, a superb spot especiAlly in great weather. Will return !&

Dublin
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Fun in the sun at Clara Lara”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I visited Clara Lara last Sunday with 8 year old son, his best friend, my boyfriend and my best friend, we had a fantastic day, we were lucky and the sun shining down on us all day. We were there at about 2.30 which is a bit late if you need to barbeque but fortunately a lovely family from Iran shared bbq spot with us, we had a picnic blanket and my boyfriend who is a chef did a smashing bbq for us and we had lots fun picnicking on the blanket. There was so much to do for the boys, They had great fun exploring a pirate ship, then testing their rowing skills on a little lake with boats, then enjoyed lots of soccer. The atmosphere there is so much fun and being in the heart of Wicklow the Garden of Ireland you are spoilt for views. We were just beside a beautiful stream and the boys had access to a large playground with slides, a treehouse, swings and the works. The staff are so attentive to detail, keeping a good eye on the water areas at all times. There are go carts the kids can also go on which provide great entertainment. As we were leaving the staff are tidying up, but the place is kept spotless. The next time I visit I think the best idea is to go at 10.30 when it opens to enjoy the full day there and to get a good bbq spot. Such a wonderful Fun Park I would highly recommend it for a fabulous fun day out with the kids, family and friends. This is a place I will go back to over and over again.

Visited June 2014