“Very attentive waiter, nice ambiance & decor. Seating a little cosy. Food good.”
Review of The Italian Corner

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Dublin
Reviewed 7 September 2013

A very busy Friday early bird at this upbeat city restaurant. The interior is nice and bright. The food was good. We had Pizza. The seating on the upper tier is a little cosy for comfort. Toilets downstairs - nice and clean. Would return.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Spalding,Lincs
“Return Visit”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have visited this restaurant several times and previously visited when it was called Eliza's. The food and choice we have always found to be excellent and cannot be faulted.The restaurant is approx.30m from the main Temple Bar area and overlooks the Liffey.
Service was prompt,efficient and the waiters and waitresses were very polite.All in all we could not fault the food which was reasonably priced and the service.
Our only complaint was that after dining here on 2 consecutive nights we asked to reserve a table for a 3rd night only to be told that bookings can only be made on line.I said I did not have immediate access to book on line but as I had eaten here on 2 consecutive nights spending approx. 120 euro I hoped that they could take a verbal booking from me.They flatly declined so needless to say we ate elsewhere on the 3rd night.

Dublin, Ireland
“very bad service, bad quality food.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

the service we received wasn't very good, although the proposed to book at 9 pm, the were anxious to get rid of us! I was still trying to finish the food when a waitress tried to take away my plate. the food wasn't great neither, it was ready in 5 min but no good tast for the pasta and the pizza wasn't very hot, was dry and it was very hard I guess it was done well in advance! so In general didn't like the place and I wouldn't recomendit... maybe if you go to the first service things go better!

Dublin
“Really bad service, bad atmosphere! Not happy!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were there on a Saturday, of course a busy night for dining in Dublin. The musician was standing just as you came in the door, he was too loud and sounded awful! It was really loud in the place as is so to try and hear conversations at the table was a struggle. My boyfriend asked for a pint of Heineken. The waiter brought him a bottle. My boyfriend then called the waiter immediately back and told him that he had asked for a pint. The waiter did not say anything, took the bottle off of the table and went behind the bar. I could see the waiter pour the bottle into a pint glass and top it up! Not what you would expect to see especially when pints and drink are so dear there.
The food was mediocre and over priced.
We were not offered a smile or an acknowledgement from any of the staff throughout the meal, not when we left.

Disgusted at The Italian Corner to be honest! I won't be back and will advise others not to go!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rachel T
Voerendaal, The Netherlands
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great food, the service was excellent, they had a live violist playing to set a relaxing mood.. everything you need to enjoy your diner.