“Lunchbox deal & €5 cocktails - Great service”
Review of Alfie's Restaurant

Alfie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #690 of 2,803 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Over the last few months Alfies has become our go to for a quick lunch or even a pre-gig dinner. The lunchbox deal is the real seller here – pick 3 items from 3 categories and they all get served together on a long plate. It starts at €10 but some items have add on prices so it’ll be a bit more, for what you get though portion-wise it’s worth it (the pulled pork bap and chicken noodle satay are winners for me). On every occasion staff are always really professional and look after us well – if you haven’t booked in advance and they’re busy they’ll sit you upstairs for a drink and come to find you when a table is free. The all day €5 cocktails are great too and sooo good!

alfies r, Manager at Alfie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi ,

Its fantastic to hear your about your experience in Alfies. We always try our hardest to make sure everyone enjoys there time here.

We serve our Lunchbox 7 days a week and €5 cocktail specials everyday.

We look forward to seeing you again in Alfies.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Ciaran.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have eaten here on numerous ocassions, both as a couple and in a group. I have always found their starters and mains really tasty. Their menu is a little limited, but what is on offer is nice! on my most recent visit we decided to skip a starter and have a dessert instead. I ordered a brownie and my friend ordered apple crumble from a very limited dessert menu. Really wasn't blown away by the dessert we go or the choice available to he honest!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The lunch deal is pretty good. You get three small portions from 3 categories for ten euro. Portions are a good size but most of the menu has supplements added on so you most likely won't get your lunch for ten euro. I got the goats cheese salad, nachos and homemade chips. They were good and the service was quick.

The coffee took a bit longer and was a bit lukewarm but we were a big group in fairness.

Hi Katie

We serve our Lunchbox 7 days a week and €5 cocktail specials everyday. Unfortunately our coffee machine was not operating correctly that day but we will be sure to have it ready for you next time.

We look forward to seeing you again in Alfies.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Ciaran.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch with work friends early this week and I was appalled by the service we received.

I had the soup which was delicious, veg pesto which I would never order again it was so bland awful and sweet potato fries to finish.

Upon receiving my food after a ten minute wait despite preordering the kitchen had mixed up my chips with homemade chips instead, after bringing this to the waiters attention he hushed me and was quite rude and then I said it to the woman waitress who was even ruder!

Eventually when my sweet potato fries arrived I thanked the waitress and said she forgot to take back the homemade chips to which she replied “doesn’t matter you’ll be paying for them too”.

Disgraceful service and charging customers extra because the kitchen mixed up an order.

Staff really let this place down, during the daytime.

1  Thank CELLENH24

Hi Cellen,

I hope your keeping well. I was underwhelmed to hear you did not enjoy your lunch with us at Alfies. Our €10 Lunchbox is very popular and we strive to ensure our customers enjoy every aspect.

In relation to the delay, we wanted to ensure all guests were seated before serving your meal to enable everybody to enjoy their lunch together as it was a large group.

Regarding the service received during your lunchtime visit I can only apologise as to what must have been a misunderstanding at the time, our waiting staff our very professional and also very friendly with our customers at all times.

The comment you heard must have been misinterpreted as instead of removing an incorrect item we would leave it on the table at "No Extra Charge"

I hope this will not hinder you from visiting us again as we would only be delighted to have you back in with us again very soon.

Kindest Regards,
Management.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Can get a solid lunch deal for 10euro as long as you stick to the items that dont have a surcharge as next thing you know you can turn a 10euro lunch deal into a 15-18e one. Other than that anything Ive ordered has been grand and nothing worth complaing about nor ranting and raving about.

1  Thank Aoibheann M