“Great food, no fuss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse Gastro Pub

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Ranked #38 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Gastropub, Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, British, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Helsinki, Finland
“Great food, no fuss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went to Chophouse twice on my one week visit to Dublin. The food, service and wine was great both times. I genuinly liked the place. It's so rare to find a place where food is simply awesome and sophisticated but there's no fuss - the service is relaxed and friendly and the place is cozy. I'd go again anytime.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

my first time in Dublin and was took to the chop house as my cousin is the commis chef there. From the start the atmosphere was amazing. Really lovely area to sit outside before being seated in the busy restaurant the service was incredible and want to thank the guys for looking after us. As for the food all I can say is WOW its probably the best steak I've ever had and the starters were amazing well presented and tasted beautiful. I will certainly be going back there again thanks everyone there you made my night.

• Visited August 2014
Espoo, Finland
“Busy, service blunders, decent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place was packed on a hot Thursday night. So packed that the waiting staff was making small mistakes here and there. Like delivering the starters before our aperitives. Not bad place, but you have to understand there ain't many alternatives around, this place has no local competition.

Visited July 2014
“Excellent food every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I'm lucky to have eaten at The Chophouse a few times before - it has now become a famous recommendation for any of our visitors! The food is incredibly delicious, the staff always kind and the restaurant is easily accessible. However, the wine is served way too warm, it should not be exposed at room temperature (which is quite high anyways); it should be kept in the cellar. Given the prices, the quality, and the chef's expertise with the meat served, I'd expect the wine list to be more extensive and the wine itself to be served in the appropriate conditions.

dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“well-recommended! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

visited here with my boyfriend on a recommendation from my friend. went in on a Wednesday night, place was packed! there was a great atmosphere. we were seated at a lovely table in the conservatory area, we couldn't believe the waiters brought over all the types of meat they have to show us which is which, we were so impressed!
we went for the porterhouse for two and a lovely bottle of Rioja that was recommended to us by the waitress.
for dessert, we shared a gorgeous lemon meringue!
we could barely move by the end of the night but we had a fantastic night!
would highly recommend it to anyone!

1 Thank LeliaGuelfi16