“What a great day!”
Review of Walkabout Wicklow

Walkabout Wicklow
Ranked #99 of 237 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Breathtaking views, native flora and fauna, rich history and culture, these are some of the highlights of your Walkabout Wicklow experience. From 9.15am until 5pm, your all day tour includes an amazing 3-4 hour hill walk/ hike of immense beauty. Scenic bus tour and tour of Glendalough Monastic site also included. So get out of the bus and see Ireland the natural way!
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We had a wonderful hike at a nice pace through beautiful wooded areas and to an amazing overlook of the Irish Sea. In the afternoon we went through pretty countryside to Glendalough and eventually Wicklow National Park. It was a great value and the group was small. Our guide Michael was very friendly and informative. He wanted everyone to enjoy the day and tried very hard to see that it happened.

1  Thank Europhile62
There are newer reviews for Walkabout Wicklow

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We booked a Walkabout Wicklow in the Tourist Office expecting something awesome as it was advertised as Dublin´s No 1 Tour. We were told that we might have a different car from the one in the picture. That would not be a problem we thought. We were supposed to be in Suffolk street at 9.05. We were there early just in case... We waited and waited, there were other tours departing but our car and the tour guide were nowhere to be seen.Not a good start. So we walked up and down and suddenly saw a guy cleaning a grey van just round the corner, it was 9.15. At 9.25 a grey van arrived and out came a guy approaching us. He did not greet the crowd, so we asked him if it is him we should be going with. Yes, our names were on his list. Ok, we got into the van and he started talking. All of a sudden a man from behind asked the guide, Could you tell us your name? Ok, our guide´s name was Michal Byrne. Then there was another request from the back of the van - could you possibly play Irish music? That was a great idea, but unfortunately the van had the radio only. The speakers gave out a cracking sound, so it was difficult to hear what Mike was saying - and I must admit he probably gave us a lot of information as he was very talkative. Bad luck again. Though Mike tried to adjust the speakers it did not help much. The best part of the trip was Glendalough where Mike gave us the information about the history of the place but as we had already been there,we knew what to expect.All in all, the trip did not live up to our expectations.

2  Thank Marcela12
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Unfortunately for us the day we went was a bad weather day. I'm sure I'd probably write a different review if the weather had cooperated. I think that it would be better to change the itinerary for the day when it is rainy and foggy, instead of driving and hiking higher up the mountain where there is no view at all. Because of the weather we also made fewer stops while driving. Instead he pointed out stops we could have had if it had been clear skies. So a lot of time in the van with nothing to see. We did enjoy our time in Glendalough. So I guess my suggestion for the tour guides would be to adjust what you do in bad weather. Hikes lower in the mountain or more time in some of the villages would have been a better use of our time. We had reserved this ahead of time or we would not have gone.

2  Thank playbach1
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My girlfriend and I took this tour on our second day in Ireland, not sure what to expect. Michael, our tour guide for the day was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in insuring that you enjoy the day. We took an amazing hike in County Wicklow, where Michael went at a good pace, leading us through a beautiful countryside all the way to a gorgeous waterfall. Along the way, he spoke with us about the area, some history and answered any questions that we had about the area or what to do/eat/see in Dublin. After the hike we went for a drive to see some of the scenery included in P.S. I love you, along with Glendalough (a beautiful old monastery), and stopped in a cute little town for lunch. I highly recommend this tour, and would like to say that Michael was fantastic!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This was an amazing tour. Mike is a fantastic guide, and really passionate about what he does. Wicklow was exactly what I imagined Ireland to look like - completely green, peaceful, and absolutely gorgeous. Mike took us on a challenging hike to the top of a waterfall in the park, and then along a gorgeous trail. We got in the van and drove throughout some beautiful country side, and stopped at a quaint little town for lunch. Also stopped at Glendalough for a short walk around a serene lake. I left this tour feeling exhausted from a full day of active activities, and feeling like I really got my money's worth. Highly recommended for all groups of all ages!

3  Thank Adrian F