“Great food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Yet another brilliant meal in Canters tonight. Extensive menu to suit all from mild to very hot. You may bring your own wine and pay corkage which can make a meal out very affordable if you're on a budget.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was recommended this place by friends, the location is a bit out of the way but the food makes up for any inconvenience! The food is was excellent, we chose a sharing platter, which was a selection of variety of their dishes, really superb! I think the reason Canters is so good is because their chef's are from all over India and specialise in their particular regions food, so all the food is really authentic. Staff are very attentive and friendly also. Excellent value, same as takeaway prices. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location of this restaurant is not great - but the Indian food they serve is excellent and reasonably priced. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a livingsocial deal for here and I was looking forward to trying it as had heard that the food is good. Booking was pretty straightforward and we went at 7pm on a Saturday hoping to finish on time for the world cup final at 9. We need not have worried as we were in and out in a heartbeat. Food arrived very quickly but it was super tasty. The place lacks any atmosphere whatsoever and the staff are so disinterested its painful. They barely uttered a word to us during our time there and simply served the food and scurried off. This place has good food and with a better service it could be a really nice experience. We were in and out within the hour. Wooul I go back? Unlikely, however I would probably order a takeaway as the food was nice.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently bought a Living Social Voucher for 2 starters, 2 mains with 2 glasses of wine. T&Cs seemed fair on the voucher, was advised to book in advance. We intended to use the voucher evening of 29th of June, and called that morning to book at table. It seemed difficult to make the reservation over the phone, but we got there in the end. Arrived at the restaurant which was maybe 40% full. My initial impression of the man who greeted us was quite cold unfortunately and not very welcoming. We sat down and advised our waiter that we had a living social voucher, he asked for a printed copy, I showed him the voucher on my phone, he said we needed to have a 'printed copy' I explained that it actually says on the voucher present the smartphone or printed copy. He insisted that we would have to have a printed copy, suggested that we go and print it 'somewhere nearby' it was Sunday evening, we had made our reservation and were being refused, and told to come back another time???. We had to leave the restaurant and go elsewhere. Really disappointed as reviews look good for the food, but we didn't even get that far! I couldn't go back there, Needless to say I have requested a refund from Living Social. I have to say, even before our voucher was refused, the reception we received was quite cold. Very unfortunate. If they had mentioned on the voucher that a printed copy was required we would have brought one!

3  Thank sarahdaisies