“Brilliant Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Brilliant Hotel”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel on two occasions. The location is central enough to Dublin without being too far away. The Luas is brilliant, straight outside the door and it is so easy to use, you cant make a mistake with it. The rooms were bright, airy, quirky and clean. I loved the fact that there was a dispenser for water/chocolate etc in the hallway that operated by keycard instead of coins! The cocktails were fab and so was the food. Very professional hotel, very well run.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear “Trippy3”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you found our rooms, our bar and our team to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
st. paul, mn
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My adult son and I spent 3 days here in early May while on vacation. I would use this hotel again anytime I was in Dublin. Since we were driving around Ireland we had a car and the car park is right at the hotel and convenient. The Luan light rail is right at the front door so getting into the downtown area is simple and easy. The rooms were modern and clean. Hotel staff was excellent and helpful including the evening bar staff. While there are no restaurants close by other than the hotel's, the Luan rail makes it easy to get to the Temple Bar area and other places with restaurant choices.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trveler50
Dear “trveler50”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It is very pleasing to see you had such a positive experience whilst staying with us and in particular that you were impressed with our rooms and our team. I am delighted to see that you would not hesitate to return to us and if I can assist you with this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Gibson Hotel is excellent. One of the nicest, cleanest and most spacious hotels I’ve stayed in.

The hotel is located at The Point (just take a bus straight from the airport – it drops you right outside). It’s right next to the O2 and the Luas stop is right outside the front door. The Luas takes you right into downtown Dublin within 10 minutes (and you can buy a day return or single ticket on the platform). When you arrive, you have the option of taking either a lift or a couple of very grand escalators to the hotel reception. I’ve never seen a hotel with so much space. The décor is minimal and modern. The corridors are wide and airy with natural light flowing in through the windows.

Every time we visited reception, the staff could not do enough for us. They gave us directions, booked restaurants, arranged taxis and even granted us a late check-out free of charge.

Our room was modern and spacious. There were plenty of towels and toiletries. There was a large flat screen TV and plenty of plug sockets and mirrors. The lighting and temperature could be adjusted to suit our individual preference. The bed was large and very comfortable. There was no noise at night and we both had a very good night’s sleep. The shower is powerful and refreshing.

We were given a voucher for a discount off breakfast so we gave it a try. I’m really glad we did – there was an excellent selection to choose from. It’s a tad expensive but it’s a swanky place to chill out and watch the world go by whilst enjoying a cappuccino. To be fair, Dublin is a very expensive city so they have to price accordingly.

We had a lovely meal at The Farm restaurant in central Dublin. The ingredients were very fresh and there were plenty of healthy options on the menu. I was also served a lovely bellini. We also ate at The Cellar restaurant in The Merrion Hotel which we really enjoyed. The restaurant is located (as you might expect) in the cellar and there’s clean white table cloths and a pianist playing. The restaurant has a good selection of vegetarian options and my risotto was beautiful. It’s a very romantic setting – ask for a table in the corner so you’re more out of the way. The Merrion is a beautiful, traditional hotel and I’d recommend going there for a cocktail if you have time before dinner.

In summary, Dublin is a great city to visit for a long weekend and The Gibson Hotel will only enhance your holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “VJW322”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It is very pleasing to see you had such a memorable experience whilst staying in Dublin and particularly in our hotel. I am very glad you found our location, our team and our bedrooms to be to your satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel room & en-suite fantastic, bar area pleasant, and all very modern and spotlessly clean.

Found the staff here faultless- so friendly, helpful and efficient.

My only gripe was with the food. Although dinner was very tasty, portions were definitely on the small side we felt, for the price. Breakfast plates were stone cold, and the self-service cooked breakfast not much warmer. It was evident that someone had forgotten to switch on the hot-plates under the food, which really shouldn't happen!

Would stay here again though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “wotsmyname”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you found our room and our bar to be to your satisfaction and I am also very pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team. I was disappointed to see you were not satisfied with the dinner portions that you received and also with the standard of our breakfast on this occasion. If you have any further feedback on the matter please feel free to contact me as I would be delighted to discuss it with you. I will communicate your constructive feedback to our team .I am happy to see that you would stay with us again dispite these issues. If I can assist you with this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Fresh modern clean. Great decor and style. Right next to the 02 arena. A short ride from the airport or use the bus which is cheap and fast.

Air con in the room was a joke noisy and a bit smelly.
Bar staff in the evening was just plain rude and sloppy.
Reception wa very good.

Good value. Would stay there again happily

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear “neveratrest”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to see that you were not satisfied with certain aspects of your stay. I would be delighted to discuss these issues with you and I can assure you any feedback would be thoroughly followed up, so please feel free to contact me directly. I am glad that you would be happy to return to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 9 May 2012

On the far-end of the docklands, the Gibson Hotel is an excellent choice for any business meeting in that area (Convention Centre is 10 mins walking). Don't look for bars or restaurants there, you have to cross the Liffey river by the recent bridge and then go to the Grand Canal Theatre, there you'll find very nice place to eat/drink.

Rooms are very spacious, free wifi everywhere, and breakfast is great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lau0915
Dear “Lau0915”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you found our location convenient. I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future, and in the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
waterford
Reviewed 7 May 2012

this was our second time staying at the hotel as we were going to a concert in the O2 and we loved it. the hotel never failed us from check-in which was so quick. kim on reception was soooo helpful in finding out if the football match would be on in the bar and rang us in the room to let us know. we went to the bar with our friends and the only critisim is that theres not much selection of drinks in the bar. we had food before we went and it was only georgous. really rnjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear “glamgirl10”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It was very pleasing to see that you had such a pleasant stay with us and I am delighted that our front office team were so helpful and I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I must apologise that you found our drinks selection to limited , I will inform our Bar Manager of this feedback. .It was great to see that you plan on returning and if I can assist you with this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.